RA 199: Early Core Design Games

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
Swainy
Manic Miner

RA 199: Early Core Design Games

Post by Swainy »

In this episode of Retro Asylum Chris Worthington, Steve Erickson and Matt Wilsher delve into Core Designs and some of their games, without hardly mentioning Tomb Raider!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/retroasylum/R ... stered.mp3

A massive thanks to Simon Phipps for allowing us to use his awesome Rick Dangerous artwork for our cover. If you would like to purchase a poster print of this artwork then head to the store at www.simonphipps.com
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: RA 199: Early Core Design Games

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]Swainy[/mention]

Thanks for the show. You mentioned you did a bit of Amiga coding. What did you use?
Swainy
Manic Miner

Post by Swainy »

I wasn’t actually on that episode, that was Matt. I’ll point him in this direction.
Matt Denaria
Drutt

Post by Matt Denaria »

Hello Peter. I’ve dabbled in most languages! Recently, until I gave up because of time, Blitz Basic 2. Enjoyed it but as I said the amount of time that flew by was scary. I have a life of sorts and wife I wouldn’t mind keeping :lol:
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Matt Denaria[/mention]

I have dabbled with AMOS, but not had a go with Blitz. I will add it onto my very long list!

Thanks again.
Matt Denaria
Drutt

Post by Matt Denaria »

AMOS is certainly easier under the skin however BB is more capable, more efficient code too so can hammer the Amiga more.

I would say for a dabble, stick with AMOS. If you want to get a little more serious with throwing stuff around on screen, BB is the way to go.

I have love for them both though. No school playground arguments from me on what’s better. In my hands with my skill, neither will be better. :lol: