I am pleased to announce another update of JSW Central
1. A "proper" main page has been created, giving an overview of the site (previously links to the Home page led to the main list of MM and JSW games).
2. Two new sections: "Authors about their games" and "What's new?" have been added to the site.
The section "Authors about their games" was created at this time because I received "exclusive" input from Paul Equinox Collins, the author of "JSW: The '96 Remix" and "It's Wet Jelly", and from Leslie Marwick, the author of "Spaceman Willy", and I wanted to put it online. To make the section a little more than a nucleus, I added descriptions of games by Richard Hallas (copied from his website
- with his kind explicit permission), Andrew Broad - using his generic permission to quote his texts
: "I give my permission to quote anything I ever posted in public (provided of course that it's properly attributed, and not taken out of context to make me look bad)", and myself. I would like to extend warm thanks to Paul and Leslie for sending me their input and to Richard for allowing me to use the texts from his website!
There are links from the authors' texts (their titles, to be exact) to the games' individual pages, and there are links from the games' pages to the authors' descriptions. One doubt I have is whether it is better that these open in a new tab (as is currently the case) or not - please advise if you have a strong opinion on it after browsing JSW Central.
I will develop this section gradually, but it is not a priority for me - my next big (and slow) task will be to provide a complete screenshot gallery for each game's individual page. However, I will prioritise the addition of new entries to "Authors about their games" if authors send me their input - please do
, I will be happy to publish it on JSW Central!
The "What's new?" section is self-explanatory, of course. Its creation responds to a suggestion I've received of making the updates more visible so that people know the site is up to date.
3. The "About JSW Central" section has been modified and renamed "Brief history", to reflect its content better and in order not to duplicate the current home page.
4. The panel on the left side has been modified to reflect the changes in the section layout.
5. Links to their recently-created pages on Spectrum Computing have been added on several games' pages.
6. Chronology has been updated.
There have also been various other minor updates here and there which are not worth describing in detail.