The Spectrum Show 89 Live

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
PaulJ
Microbot

The Spectrum Show 89 Live

Post by PaulJ »

Another episode goes live.
The story and games of Carnell Software is the main ficus in this one, but there are other things too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JdzFu7hcR8
Paul Jenkinson | The Spectrum Show & other stuff!
Morkin
Bugaboo

Re: The Spectrum Show 89 Live

Post by Morkin »

Great show, as ever.

I remember seeing those Carnell adverts and picturing what the games would be like. Obviously they turned out to be nothing like I expected. That St Bernard game really is complete carp.. :lol:

I loved that Spectrum Adventures book, and remember typing in the Eye of the Star Warrior. But I think I mis-typed something, ended up getting error messages and messed-up graphics, so gave up.

I think if those early dungeon-based offerings had all been in machine code I would have quite liked them, a bit like Out of the Shadows which was very impressive.
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
dfzx
Manic Miner

Re: The Spectrum Show 89 Live

Post by dfzx »

Thanks Paul. :)

News has reached the 1990s and is getting a bit thin on the ground. Will there be enough to sustain the show until the 100th episode, we wonder... :?:
Derek Fountain, author of the ZX Spectrum C Programmer's Getting Started Guide and various open source games, hardware and other projects, including an IF1 and ZX Microdrive emulator.