Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
Jet5y
Berk

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Jet5y » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi all,

I'm Paul Monaghan, not to be mixed up with the 'other' Paul Monaghan that does podcasts. Been involved in Speccy's since I was a wee nipper like most I guess and now burying myself in Speccy stuff and doing a pretty good job of it.

Cya!
0 x

EdwardCatflap
Berk

Post by EdwardCatflap » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Hello

Just a quick post to say Hello and congrats on setting up a new Spectrum site.

Long time Speccy owner back in the day before I sold it all. Slowly rebuilding a collection.

The Speccy community needs something fresh away from certain people so good luck 🙂
0 x

richl
Berk

Post by richl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi,

I'm Rich and the odd one or two of you may know me from that other site.
I don't post all that often but hope I'm bordering on being rational when I do :)
3 x

Morkin
Manic Miner

Post by Morkin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Hello, my name is Morkin and it took me over 30 years to get Bugaboo out of his cave. :?

I thought I'd better join before someone else snaffled up ''Morkin" for a nickname... :lol:

Nice to see the addition of a forum to this site, the more Speccy sites the better as far as I'm concerned!
2 x

redballoon
Dizzy

Post by redballoon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello, I'm Craig Stevenson also known in various places as redballoon or @hot_piping on Twitter.
I'm a ZX Spectrum graphic artist and freelance illustrator. I've produced artwork for Edge magazine (most notably, the ZX Spectrum GTA Vice City cover for their 20th Anniversay), Bitmap Books (new pixel artwork their Visual Compendium series of books including the ZX Spectrum one), ROM Publishing (articles for Elite and their Britsoft book) amongst various others.

I've produced graphics/loading screens for a few recent Spectrum games but can no longer give my time to do this due to paid freelance work and life, and when I do, it has to be during spare time in between jobs and only be a small amount of work. I'll still produce new original ZX Spectrum artwork, though.
5 x

dfzx
Dizzy

Post by dfzx » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi, I'm Derek Fountain, just one more professional software developer whose 30 year career started the day he brought a Spectrum home in 1983 (just after the 48K model came down in price). Like most of us I was a keen gamer back then, but I lost interest in games fairly quickly when I discovered programming. I was the first in my school to find the infinite lives poke for Jet Set Willy. :)

I'd love to be able to spend more time with the Spectrum scene, but alas real life gets in the way a bit too often. Here's hoping though.
2 x

filipe.veiga
Berk

Post by filipe.veiga » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Hello, I'm another guy who likes ZX Spectrum, I had my first (second-hand) zx spectrum in 1989; since then it's been my hobby and I thank for it because it sparked my career as a programmer.
I'm more active in the Portuguese scene and on facebook groups, but I'll try to participate more in this forum (I'm a bit shy :oops: )
1 x

Argys Attic
Berk

Post by Argys Attic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi I'm Jay from Atherstone, Warks

I'm a spectrum fan but because I'm hanging around those who love sinclair products, my interests are be coming more diverse in the sinclair range.

I'm also known in a lot of groups on Facebook and is building up a repair service from scratch after leaving the repair scene for a number of years due to a motorcycle accident that left me with a long recovery time physically and mentally

Electronics is my hobby as well as Retro Computing.

Am I mental? ...yes
0 x

hoolicooluk
Berk

Post by hoolicooluk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Hello all :D

I'm big Spectrum fan, I've owned every model and have played most of the games. Now I'm a host of the Retro Asylum podcast.

Great to see this site appear. Cheers, Paul
2 x

Collieuk
Berk

Post by Collieuk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:56 pm

I'm Collieuk and I mostly talk irrelevant bollocks about the ZX Spectrum on YouTube and Twitter, and occasionally to people in my day to day life too if I can stop them running away first. I still harbour a grudge to those who owned C64's as a child, even after all these years.
1 x
Another wonderfully irrelevant and inept post no doubt.