Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
TheZXSpectrum
Drutt

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by TheZXSpectrum »

Hello everyone, You should know me by now my real name is Preston and I am the creator of Spectrum 4Ever.
I now run a page on Facebook called The ZX Spectrum.

I was going to create a new forum for the Speccy but you beat me to it lol :P

It all looks good though so keep it going
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Hello, all.
Gonad the Barbarian
Drutt

Post by Gonad the Barbarian »

Hello, this looks great. What was particularly impressive was I searched for one of my crap game competition titles and it came up!

I've been making crap BASIC games since 1983, and now do it for a living. Except it's not BASIC now it's SQL.

Less call for user defined graphics and graph paper but apart from that pretty much the same.

GtB
KenD
Drutt

Post by KenD »

Morning all, another refugee from "the other place" :)

All about me: Spectrum owner since the age of 10, mainly games but I ended up with a lot of C15's full of my own half-finished BASIC games featuring terrible UDGs. I then went onto the Sam Coupé, for about 5 minutes, before trading that in for an Amiga. Those with long memories and any involvement in the Amiga "scene" may remember a diskmag called Grapevine :)

More recently, I've stimulated my nostalgia gland by collecting and OCR'ing old mags, and putting them online at RetroPDFs (retropdfs.wordpress.com). With rose-tinted glasses firmly on and 20/20 hindsight, it was the magazines of the Spectrum and Amiga era that made it so special.

I still have a deep love for the Spectrum, which is why I'm so disappointed that certain people are behaving as they are. In the real world, I'm a software developer, who spends a lot of time working with relational databases: ZXDB is a thing of beauty, it "solves the problem", and for ... certain people ... to be so belligerent about it makes me cross.
Lorfarius
Drutt

Post by Lorfarius »

Hullo!

Big Speccy fan after owning a +2 back in the mid 80's. Been in and out of the Speccy collecting scene for sometime, the Next has recently caught my attention and after backing it I'm back on board!

Currently I run a weekly Amiga podcast AMIGArama https://amigarama.podbean.com/. But there's always room for more Spectrum in my life :lol:
UK's number one Amiga podcast:

https://www.AMIGArama.com
Digital Prawn
Drutt

Post by Digital Prawn »

Hello Everyone,

Just popping in to say hello. :D

I used to dabble with speccy programming and stuff like that, as some of you have previously collaborated with me will know.

Nice forum and a huge thank you to all people nowadays working on anything speccy related be it game dev projects or online sites and resources like Spectrum Computing and ZXDB.

Sadly, real life obligations nowadays mean I lack the time to actively participate in the speccy community for the forseeable future. :oops:

However, I am hoping to do a bit of lurking from the workplace in order to keep abreast of speccy-related developments. So I do like to sign up to and casually browse all active speccy forums. 8-)

Best wishes!
DP
Last edited by Digital Prawn on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Hi guys, Ralf here. Many of you probably know me from World of Spectrum.

If you don't know me than well, I'm from Poland, in early 40s, I love Spectrum and still write games for it, although unfortunately recently I'm less active with it than in previous years.

I hope this will be a nice, friendly place where we can just have fun, be productive and stay away from everything bad that happened in our community recently.
ramsrc
Drutt

Post by ramsrc »

Hello Everyone,

I am a long term Spectrum fan - originally from the UK, but now in Germany. I own three Spectrums, a Harlequin, a Spectrum plus and my pride and joy - my original 48k which I got for Christmas in 1983.

I have also written an emulator, and am part of the way through writing a Z80 core in Forth. :?

To be honest, I haven't been all that active lately. The problems "over there" have rather put me off. :cry:
A hollow voice says "Plugh"
5MinuteRetro
Manic Miner

Post by 5MinuteRetro »

Hello... I'm Scott -- just a middle-aged chap, like many others here I'd guess. I've been a ZX Spectrum fan since its very earliest days, and have never lost interest in the platform.

I'm hoping this forum might shape up to be something better than has been seen elsewhere of late. At least, I'm sure it can't be any worse. ;)
Retro stuff, real quick
YouTube: http://bit.ly/5MinuteRetro
Twitter: https://twitter.com/5MinuteRetro
emook
Drutt

Post by emook »

Hello

I am David Saphier and I'm addicted to Spectrum coding.

I have been told it's terminal and I will never recover.

:)
Woodster
Drutt

Post by Woodster »

Hello,

I like to drink alcohol and watch football.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Just to say hello, guys. :)

...and ofc, nice to see you Woody. ;)
polomint
Drutt

Post by polomint »

Woodster wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:20 pm Hello,

I like to drink alcohol and watch football.
I like to watch alcohol and drink football, and murder everything in sight...
So far, so meh :)
Hikaru
Microbot

Post by Hikaru »

Hallo!
Inactive account
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Hi there.

I'm Pete, from the heydays of comp.sys.sinclair and I also have posted occasionally on that other Spectrum forum.

Currently in the process of setting up a YouTube channel that looks back on old games, not that such a thing has never been done before... But what I'm trying to do is craft a blend of review, education and comedy. (No, it's not going to be another Angry Video Game Nerd clone.)

The Spectrum will be fairly prolific during it, that's the computer I've spent most time with, but will be looking at other formats as well. This has meant downloading *whisper it* emulators for other machines and getting to grips with their loading systems.

Anyway, when the time comes, I'll be shouting all about the channel, once there's actual content on it.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
balford
Drutt

Post by balford »

Hi everyone!

I'm Brendan, you may remember me from such things as zx-diagnostics (shamefully plugged in my sig), and from the Spectrum For Everyone FB group.

Just wanted to say Hi and best of luck with the site :)
Fixing ZX Spectrums in the 21st Century
https://github.com/brendanalford/zx-diagnostics
Mike Davies
Microbot

Post by Mike Davies »

Hi everyone,

I'm Mike (some people know me online as Isofarro). Grew up with a rubber key ZX Spectrum and then a grey +2, and Sinclair User in South Africa in the eighties. Relocated back to the UK in 1999, and quickly started collecting Spectrum games, focused on games I wanted back in the day. Regular on comp.sys.sinclair on Usenet.

Still retro-collecting ZX Spectrum games, also exploring the Atari ST and the Amstrad CPC. I'm still treating the Amstrad CPC as that next step between the Spectrum 128k and the Loki Super Spectrum. Considering the design on the Sinclair User scoop still looks very much like an Amstrad CPC to me.

I'm currently fascinated with investigative pieces into the games we cherished, so I'm in research-mode digging into the story behind games. So having a reliable catalogue that can be trusted, Spectrum Computing is my favoured resource right now, so I am keen on seeing it succeed as an independent, community supported alternative to that other place.
jmk
Drutt

Post by jmk »

Hello!

I'm the former author of the X128 emulator and a few (failed) attempts at writing some Spectrum games.

I'm looking forward to the site going from strength to strength.
Just like before, it's yesterday once more.
deKay
Drutt

Post by deKay »

Hello!

I was mostly a lurker on WOS and will probably be so on here too, but thought I'd say hello anyway :)

I have done nothing of note*, but those who know me know me, if you see what I mean.

Currently trying to remake Best Game Ever, Run Baby Run, on PICO-8, and I host the ugvm podcast.

* I was on Inside Out once talking about Spectrums and Clive Sinclair, but that was decades ago.
chinnyhill10
Drutt

Post by chinnyhill10 »

Chinny here from Twitter and that there Youtube. Used to lurk on the place we shall not name with occasional posts and was a regular on comp.sys.sinclair back in the 90's. I even own the +3 of a prominent CSS poster as I ended up working with him years later and he gifted me it when he moved house!
Jet5y
Drutt

Post by Jet5y »

Hi all,

I'm Paul Monaghan, not to be mixed up with the 'other' Paul Monaghan that does podcasts. Been involved in Speccy's since I was a wee nipper like most I guess and now burying myself in Speccy stuff and doing a pretty good job of it.

Cya!
EdwardCatflap
Drutt

Post by EdwardCatflap »

Hello

Just a quick post to say Hello and congrats on setting up a new Spectrum site.

Long time Speccy owner back in the day before I sold it all. Slowly rebuilding a collection.

The Speccy community needs something fresh away from certain people so good luck 🙂
richl
Dizzy

Post by richl »

Hi,

I'm Rich and the odd one or two of you may know me from that other site.
I don't post all that often but hope I'm bordering on being rational when I do :)
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Hello, my name is Morkin and it took me over 30 years to get Bugaboo out of his cave. :?

I thought I'd better join before someone else snaffled up ''Morkin" for a nickname... :lol:

Nice to see the addition of a forum to this site, the more Speccy sites the better as far as I'm concerned!
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
redballoon
Manic Miner

Post by redballoon »

Hello, I'm Craig Stevenson also known in various places as redballoon or @hot_piping on Twitter.
I'm a ZX Spectrum graphic artist and freelance illustrator. I've produced artwork for Edge magazine (most notably, the ZX Spectrum GTA Vice City cover for their 20th Anniversay), Bitmap Books (new pixel artwork their Visual Compendium series of books including the ZX Spectrum one), ROM Publishing (articles for Elite and their Britsoft book) amongst various others.

I've produced graphics/loading screens for a few recent Spectrum games but can no longer give my time to do this due to paid freelance work and life, and when I do, it has to be during spare time in between jobs and only be a small amount of work. I'll still produce new original ZX Spectrum artwork, though.