Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by R-Tape »

Sorry everyone, I forgot to add c***.s**.s****** the censored list.

(Hi Shaun :D )
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Oh my, two competing crap competitions, that's really crap :lol:

Anyway, welcome to the forums, Shaun!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]Shaun_B[/mention] Its nice to see you here. I still have great memories of your weekly pages in MicroMart.
Shaun_B
Drutt

Post by Shaun_B »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:52 am Sorry everyone, I forgot to add c***.s**.s****** the censored list.

(Hi Shaun :D )
Don't be sending me any type-ins to get your revenge...
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Shaun_B wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:38 amMy name is Shaun
Welcome! :)

Shaun_B wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:38 amI'm hosting a Crap Games Competition for this year. [...] Also, I've been informed that there is another Crap Games Competition that was announced on W*S. So you have a choice of which one to enter (or both, I don't mind). The W*S competition claims to be a Comp.Sys.Sinclair competition and yet it has not been mentioned on the comp.sys.sinclair newsgroup, so I consider it to be the W*S competition.
Have you considered contacting the other organizer to propose a joint effort? A single competition with 2 organizers and duplicated reviews sounds better than 2 separate competitions with the same name.

From my experience, people from the Spectrum community are very receptive to cooperation, with extremely rare exceptions.
Shaun_B
Drutt

Post by Shaun_B »

Hi Einar,

Thanks for the hints. Unfortunately, the competition was announced on the W*S forums and I was only informed about this (as far as I know, it might not be happening). I am not going to join the W*S forums, nor do I want to recoup my old account there so I won't know who it is to contact. But they may of course contact me. I'm easy enough to find - they could even visit the Comp.Sys.Sinclair newsgroup to contact me through that forum - especially as they're supposed to be hosting a competition under the Comp.Sys.Sinclair name.

Regards,

Shaun.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Einar Saukas wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:58 pm Have you considered contacting the other organizer to propose a joint effort? A single competition with 2 organizers and duplicated reviews sounds better than 2 separate competitions with the same name.
That would get my vote, and Bohumil's too I reckon. Could be a replica of 2016 when Simon Ferre and Gabam co-hosted. I'm a bit nervous of this turning into a SC/WoS thing.
Shaun_B
Drutt

Post by Shaun_B »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:16 pm
Einar Saukas wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:58 pm Have you considered contacting the other organizer to propose a joint effort? A single competition with 2 organizers and duplicated reviews sounds better than 2 separate competitions with the same name.
That would get my vote, and Bohumil's too I reckon. Could be a replica of 2016 when Simon Ferre and Gabam co-hosted. I'm a bit nervous of this turning into a SC/WoS thing.
Hi R-Tape,

That won't happen because I make all of the announcements through the Comp.Sys.Sinclair newsgroup first, and then via my Twitter account, and elsewhere on social media. This is one of the last places that I post. And I include places where ZX81 fans congregate as well.

Regards,

Shaun.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Sorry we posted at the same time, I sent you a PM.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Shaun_B wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:16 pmHi Einar,

Thanks for the hints. Unfortunately, the competition was announced on the W*S forums and I was only informed about this (as far as I know, it might not be happening). I am not going to join the W*S forums, nor do I want to recoup my old account there so I won't know who it is to contact. But they may of course contact me. I'm easy enough to find - they could even visit the Comp.Sys.Sinclair newsgroup to contact me through that forum - especially as they're supposed to be hosting a competition under the Comp.Sys.Sinclair name.

Regards,

Shaun.
Thanks for considering it! I just posted at WoS, now let's hope everything works out for the best! :)
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Post by GreenCard »

My name is GreenCard. I haven't really contributed anything useful to the "scene", unlike so many here, I just like to talk about Spectrumy stuff. :)

Only just discovered this site today. Looks very nice indeed! Really nice to see so many familiar faces/usernames/avatars here. :)
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Hi Greencard, good to see you here! :)
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Post by GreenCard »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:20 pm Hi Greencard, good to see you here! :)
Igualmente Juan! :)
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Hi Greencard, nice to see another familiar nickname :) Feel yourself at home.
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Post by GreenCard »

Ralf wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:25 pm Hi Greencard, nice to see another familiar nickname :) Feel yourself at home.
Thanks Ralf. Nice to see you here too. :)
ANDREWRYALS
Microbot

Evening Gents

Post by ANDREWRYALS »

Thought I joint the forum for jiggery pokery! :shock:
Wall_Axe
Manic Miner

Re: Evening Gents

Post by Wall_Axe »

Hi!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Evening Gents

Post by PeterJ »

Welcome [mention]ANDREWRYALS[/mention]
ANDREWRYALS
Microbot

Post by ANDREWRYALS »

Thanks, should be fun hanging around. You guys seem to find more and more new software.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Hi Andrew Ryals, good to see you here.
WIWC
Manic Miner

Post by WIWC »

Ah, I didn't notice this thread.

"Hello, I am WhenIWasCruel".
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

Hello from Lodi California.

i just parted ways amicably with Atari forum, apparently it's for ST and Falcon, not 400/800.
anyway, i started programming on the zx spectrum through emulation and am planning on getting a +2 from Ebay
i love the colors, ease of use for Basic and feel oddly drawn to the fact that there are no hardware sprites, everything needs to be done yourself.

i love Jetpac (i have Rare Replay), Attic Attac (did i spell that right?) and the Hobbit (of which i hope to someday port to the Atari 800)

i am 24 years old and am an avid gamer. i also love old tech, adore VHS and view Old tv's as futuristic

i was born in good ol 93 but feel more comfortable in the company of fellow Spectrum users, which is why i joined: i simply LOVE the spectrum!

on that topic, are there any scans of ZX computing that i can Copy/paste for the 48k? saves time and work. (i do have school like everyone else, on top of my youtube duties)

on an unrelated note, i love comics, especially villains like Carnage and Venom. I have a hate/love relationship with Superman, Viewing 64 as a turd but as an oddity as well, too many rings, and the multiplayer looks fun. the key is "looks fun" not "is fun" and yes, like so many, i had the misfortune of playing it.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Welcome [mention]MrPixel[/mention]

You will find the vast majority of type-ins from ZX Computing here:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~jg27p ... pehome.htm

Also, if on our home page you just type 'ZX Computing' into the search box at the top of the page you will get a big list of titles their too.

You can also download PDF versions of ZX Computing from the [mention]KenD[/mention] RetroPDF site. You just need a Torrent tool like https://www.qbittorrent.org/
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Welcome, [mention]WIWC[/mention] and [mention]MrPixel[/mention]!

Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

bless you, thanks for that. i heard about the poisonings in the UK. you guys alright? :?: