Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Seven.FFF » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:56 pm

Yes, good call! I’m making it as flexible as possible - both control mechanisms (original and your idea), twin joysticks, joystick and keyboard, full keyboard, redefine keys, auto/manual fire :)
0 x
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
seven-fff.com/blog

druellan
Microbot

Post by druellan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi! I'm new here. I'm Darío, I'm from Argentina, former Timex Sinclair 2068 user, and now an enthusiast that wants to collaborate with the database and the site in general.

I'm a long time reader of comp.sys.sinclair and user of WOS, but for some reason I was always outside the community, never reaching the forums.
Recently I decided to get in touch with the Spectrum Computing guys, and they are so nice that I decided to start collaborating with the site and the ZXDB database in general, reporting bugs and omissions or sending missing screenshots. Nothing fancy but I suppose everything counts :D

So, I must say "thank you" to anyone that was or is contributing to this preservation effort. A big chunk of my childhood is around here, on this database.
3 x
Un buen día me puse a probar juegos de ZX Spectrum a ciegas en Youtube, terminó siendo:
📺 Retroarqueología en Youtube

Nomad
Manic Miner

Post by Nomad » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:12 pm

Bienvenido amigo! We had similar experience I always used to read WOS but I never posted on the forums.
1 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Welcome @druellan, good to have you on board.

Checking for inconsistencies is important work, so thank you in advance.
1 x

netraider
Berk

Post by netraider » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Howdy all!

It's amazing how only now I came across this Speccy 'Oasis', with no one to guide me here... :cry:

It's been a long time since the 'other' site stopped being maintained and all but completely abandoned, and I only visited it very rarely to see what they were up to, so I wondered where most of the competent and cool people were getting together, and lo and behold, just by chance (or not) they're here! :D

Ok, my name is Nuno and some may know me from many years ago, while helping out the preservation team (mostly Andy and Steve), recovering some tapes that were in bad shape...
I still have some other interesting stuff that was waiting to be added to 'THE' database, and hopefully it'll be useful for ZXDB!

A really BIG thank you to all involved in creating this fantastic ZX shrine!

Cheers!
/N
6 x

Old_Bird
Berk

Post by Old_Bird » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:02 am

Hi All

I'm from north Wales and I'm seriously late to the Spectrum party :D
At 16 I got a ZX81 and RAM pack (they were brand new then) but then instead of moving up to the speccy I went to the "nut" side.

Now, I've just obtained a rubber key series 3 Spectrum off eBay and, after a membrane change, it's working!

I seem to be in collecting mode as I've now have a Spectrum+ too....

Cheers

Simon
0 x

Ast A. Moore
Manic Miner

Post by Ast A. Moore » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:21 am

Hi, @Old_Bird, and

1 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.

Ralf
Manic Miner

Post by Ralf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:37 am

Hello everybody! Feel yourself at home!

You are not late for the party, it's actually just starting ;)

Forgive me for not mentioning the names but it looks like we have a few new members and I wouldn't like to miss anybody ;)
0 x

Einar Saukas
Manic Miner

Post by Einar Saukas » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Welcome everybody!
netraider wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:40 pm
Ok, my name is Nuno and some may know me from many years ago, while helping out the preservation team (mostly Andy and Steve), recovering some tapes that were in bad shape...
I still have some other interesting stuff that was waiting to be added to 'THE' database, and hopefully it'll be useful for ZXDB!
Certainly! I sent you a PM :)
Last edited by Einar Saukas on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Einar Saukas
Manic Miner

Post by Einar Saukas » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:12 pm

ADJB wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 am
Ex preservation team member from a different era on a different site. Used to run the preservation team shop.
It seems most of the preservation team is here :)
0 x