Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by PeterJ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Welcome @mr.spiv
0 x

Ivanzx
Site Admin

Post by Ivanzx » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 pm

mr.spiv wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:37 pm
Hello and greetings from .fi.. Started with Speccy in mid -80s and now after many years of being lost in other platforms the circle is closing and back on Speccy. Today I still have +2A, +3 and few FPGA ones. I do occasional crappy coding on Z80 when I need a break from daily working life 8-)
Moi Mr.!

Mita kuuluu? :) Welcome here, it is good to have people from Finland here, my kids are half finnish :)
0 x

zack4mac
Berk

Post by zack4mac » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Here goes
Hello from North Wales near to the supposedly sunny Rhyl anyone from my neck of the woods remembers the local computer shop Joe Micro? long gone

I never had a Spectrum growing up and sorry to say I never gave the machine a chance, this was my loss. By the time I even heard about ZX Spectrum I was using a Commodore 64 and with it came a lot of unnecessary childish snobbery which I would later experience myself having owned the ATARI ST sadly this continues with the AMIGA.

But in hindsight what made all these machines great for me was they were the equivalent to a good book or listening to a radio station, they made you think about what you were trying to do, from getting it to print or playing a game. No drag and drop no fancy film footage within a game, just your own imagination that produced the backdrop this being intensified by the likes of Zapp and for the spectrum user its relative Crash.

School holidays and staying up into the early hours with my parents completing bubble bobble and wizzball in shifts. Happy times that I doubt will be relived on any XBOX or PlayStation.

Anyway I want to try and experience not just the ZX spectrum machine but also the community. I hope that I can one day have a special place in my heart for the spectrum that I hold for the C64 and ST.

Jon ;)
0 x

8BitAG
Manic Miner

Post by 8BitAG » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:35 pm

zack4mac wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:17 pm
Here goes
Hello from North Wales near to the supposedly sunny Rhyl anyone from my neck of the woods remembers the local computer shop Joe Micro? long gone
S'mae, Jon. :) Did you know the history behind Jo-Micro? https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north- ... fe-2845843

Also, I believe one of the Jo-Micro staff set up Broadsword Computers in the town too.
0 x

zack4mac
Berk

Post by zack4mac » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Hello I never met the man himself and had no idea about his interests, fascinating. I can vaguely remember a bloke named Chris who originated from London, was running it not long before it closed. I cant remember the year but it was when the Atari Falcon, A1200 and Amstrad GX4000 came out, in fairness the independent computer shop could not compete with the like of Dixons and Currys who cut deals with manufacturers direct. I take it you know the locality?

Jon
0 x

8BitAG
Manic Miner

Post by 8BitAG » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:26 pm

zack4mac wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:09 pm
I take it you know the locality?
I'm based in Hawarden, so yeah, I know Rhyl fairly well. Not somewhere I used to go for computer stuff, though.
0 x

zack4mac
Berk

Post by zack4mac » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:53 pm

I also tend not to shop in Rhyl, like most places not like it used to be!
Nice talking with you mate ;-)
0 x

iadvd
Berk

Greetings from a newbie

Post by iadvd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11 am

Dear all, I just joined today, another Speccy-a-holic guy! :lol:
Recently I started to make some simple games for fun.
A pleasure to meet you!!
:)

***Topic merged by PeterJ***
4 x
My experiments and games are here:
https://github.com/Iadvd/RetrocomputingZXSpectrum

druellan
Manic Miner

Re: Greetings from a newbie

Post by druellan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:57 am

Hi there! Welcome!
You're the author of Rade Blunner right?

Edit: just saw your reply on the New Games thread ;)
1 x
Un buen día me puse a probar juegos de ZX Spectrum a ciegas en Youtube, terminó siendo:
📺 Retroarqueología en Youtube

Ralf
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ralf » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:05 pm

Hi Iadvd! Feel yourself at home and visit often :)
1 x