Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
mikecad
Berk

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by mikecad » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:39 am

Hi there!

I was looking for somewhere relaxed, away from Facebook groups to continue the eternal discussion of all things ZX Spectrum. I sort of accepted the Kings Shilling almost two years ago to help create a new ZX Spectrum computer and ever since then, life has been a bit crazy. I have not had time for any of my retro passions. Atari, Acorn, and the main one, Sinclair. Hoping to have some interesting discussions and to learn and maybe impart some knowledge too!
3 x

Ralf
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ralf » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Hi and welcome, Mikecad!

My opinion is that Facebook groups don't compare to good, old forum. Yes, it's easy to browse on phones and to post images, and if you are an admin to maintain it. But it's a wall of text, constantly scrolling, with 10% of valuable content instantly getting buried under 90% of low quality babble. And it's also everything mixed with everything so even if you are interested only in gaming, you end reading about soldering and capacitors.

So if you want some good discussion, definitely go to a forum. This forum ;)
1 x

alban lusitanae
Berk

Hello World (of SC)

Post by alban lusitanae » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi to all, greetings from sunny Portugal

Decided to join this forum as I believe this is the best we have with new stuff, other forums are slowly dying out.

Hope to learn with everyone here and maybe I can actually help with something :)

Best regards and see you all around
1 x

Alessandro
Manic Miner

Re: Hello World (of SC)

Post by Alessandro » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:06 pm

alban lusitanae wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:59 pm
Hi to all, greetings from sunny Portugal

Decided to join this forum as I believe this is the best we have with new stuff, other forums are slowly dying out.

Hope to learn with everyone here and maybe I can actually help with something :)

Best regards and see you all around
Olá Alban, nice to see you around here! Bem-vindo! :D
1 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Rick Dangerous

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:39 pm

It's always great to see an old WoS friend joining SC! Welcome!
1 x

DouglasReynholm
Microbot

Post by DouglasReynholm » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:39 pm

mikecad wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:39 am
Hi there!
Hi Mike, good to see you here.

As a backer, I left the Facebook forum because I don't use FB, and using my other half's FB account got her quite a bit of attention, including several personal and unsolicited requests of one-to-one tuition on the finer points of her assembler. :shock:

Still look forward to having the 'big day' revealed here first, right? :lol:
0 x

Pix Retro
Berk

Post by Pix Retro » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:35 am

Hi peeps!

trying to move away from facebook as a way to get help for may speccy stuff and found this today! seems good so far! :D

soo... I've a load of speccy stuff.. .probs not more that some on here but still.. :D

I'm super into chiptunes and want to use my speccys and other retro hardware to make noise.. . when i managed to get them all sorted! :D

I have hardware wise :

Sinclair zx81 (still need to comp mod it to see if it works!)
A 48k that was in a + case and now in a spare rubber key case for now... i think it's a 6a
2x grey +2's (an issue 1 and issue 3)

unfinished projects include a revg harlequin, 2 zxmax48's, a reverse u16, and probably other stuff

I also have a ZX Evolution which i'm planning on rebuilding some harware periferals to use the zx bus interface... which could be interesting! :D

I have boxes and boxes of games which i dont really use as I have a divmmc which is just easier.. . plus i need to get rid of some stuff as i have a tiny room for everything :D

and i'm a fan of joysticks too... so there will probably be talk on refubing some of them at some point... :D

I'll probably have tons of questions for people over the next however long... mainly really dumb stuff lol any how...

feel free to say hi!
0 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Rick Dangerous

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:28 pm

Welcome aboard, @Pix Retro !
1 x

Pix Retro
Berk

Post by Pix Retro » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:30 pm

Thanks!... forgot to add i've an omni too! :D speccy on the go!
1 x

Glenn
Berk

Post by Glenn » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi folks! Not sure why I didn’t register here before, but here I am! Spent a lot of time on WOS back in the day but lost interest. I didn’t lose interest in Spectrums though. 😁
Looking forward to spending some time reading and posting on the forums!
4 x