Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2730
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by R-Tape » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:01 pm

WhatHoSnorkers wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:59 pm
I do find it strange. Even back in the day when I had a +2 I rarely used 128K mode to type things in. Looking at it now, I think having the cursor in amongst all the lines just feels weird.
That's how I feel. Why would one choose to type RANDOMIZE when you can just press "T"?! It's win-win because you don't have to degrade yourself by wilfully spelling RANDOMISE with a "Z".

Mind you, I'm pretty rusty. I've been using BASIC again for my CGC entry and got through about 10 possibilities before I found "AT".
2 x

User avatar
WhatHoSnorkers
Berk
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:22 pm

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by WhatHoSnorkers » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:05 am

I now have a ZX Spectrum 48k mug... but also this website was really useful:

http://slady.net/Sinclair-ZX-Spectrum-keyboard/layout/

It's even got an alphabetised list. I now understand WHY they had keywords (to save memory). At the time I thought it was just to save typing :)
0 x
I have a little YouTube channel of nonsense
https://www.youtube.com/c/JamesOGradyWhatHoSnorkers

User avatar
vanpeebles
Berk
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by vanpeebles » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:34 pm

Hello!!
2 x
Sinclair QL Forum: https://www.qlforum.co.uk/
Tatung Einstein Forum: https://www.robheaton.co.uk/tatung/
My Youtube Gaming Channel Acorn 32-bit, X68000 & QL: https://www.youtube.com/user/peetvanpeebles

User avatar
Juan F. Ramirez
Rick Dangerous
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 am
Location: Málaga, Spain

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:49 pm

vanpeebles wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:34 pm
Hello!!
Hello! :)
1 x

User avatar
Spud
Manic Miner
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Spud » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:24 pm

Juan F. Ramirez wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:49 pm
vanpeebles wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:34 pm
Hello!!
Hello! :)
Hallo!!!
1 x

User avatar
patters
Dizzy
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:06 am

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by patters » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:06 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:01 pm
Mind you, I'm pretty rusty. I've been using BASIC again for my CGC entry and got through about 10 possibilities before I found "AT".
I programmed 95% of Artillery with a Recreated ZX Spectrum Bluetooth keyboard specifically for ease of keyword input before I discovered that on Fuse for Mac you can simply hit cmd-K for a handy display of the ZX keyboard template for those occasions you forget a placement. Still, I scored some authenticity points.
1 x
25 years in the making: Artillery projectile motion simulation
20 years in the making: Line a one line arcade game

azimov
Berk
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by azimov » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:18 am

Hi! I'm azimov from Spain (sorry for my english), I love the Sinclair Basic and that's what I do, since later 80's, but it was in 2019 when I released various new games (some AGD testing too) and made it public thanks to the social networks created around our loved Zx Spectrum. Some of them you can find in my itch.io.

https://azimov.itch.io/

Actually I'm on Bytemaniacos Basic contest, and one of my games appears in the 2019 Woot magazine (The Day Before The Day The Earth Stood Still).
Thanks to all community I hope to continue learning programming and enjoying this wonderful machine.
4 x

User avatar
Ast A. Moore
Dynamite Dan
Posts: 1385
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Ast A. Moore » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:32 am

Welcome to SC, @azimov!

Image
1 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2730
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by R-Tape » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 am

azimov wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:18 am
Hi! I'm azimov from Spain (sorry for my english), I love the Sinclair Basic and that's what I do, since later 80's, but it was in 2019 when I released various new games (some AGD testing too) and made it public thanks to the social networks created around our loved Zx Spectrum. Some of them you can find in my itch.io.
Nice to see you here!
...and one of my games appears in the 2019 Woot magazine (The Day Before The Day The Earth Stood Still).
I think I completed this. There is no congratulations screen is there, just the same screen that you can't leave?
0 x

azimov
Berk
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by azimov » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:10 am

R-Tape wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 am
azimov wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:18 am
Hi! I'm azimov from Spain (sorry for my english), I love the Sinclair Basic and that's what I do, since later 80's, but it was in 2019 when I released various new games (some AGD testing too) and made it public thanks to the social networks created around our loved Zx Spectrum. Some of them you can find in my itch.io.
Nice to see you here!
...and one of my games appears in the 2019 Woot magazine (The Day Before The Day The Earth Stood Still).
I think I completed this. There is no congratulations screen is there, just the same screen that you can't leave?
Yes, just a screen that connects the end of the game with the start of the movie, I just try to put no text in the whole game except the keys to move. You can see credits if go up to the sky in the screen where you have to land. Thanks R-Tape!
0 x

Post Reply