Donations

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Donations

Post by PeterJ »

Evening,

Whilst the site copes with the normal traffic that the server receives, I'm getting increasing numbers of time-outs when trying to update with new versions of ZXDB (especially as it gets bigger)

I would like expand the amount of memory (RAM) from 1GB to 2GB which will hopefully resolve the issues I have with updates. It will also make the site faster for everyone.

The site currently costs around £20 a month to run. We are very grateful for the £10 monthly donation that we have had since the site started and I currently cover the remainder. To increase the size and power of the server would be around an additional £10 a month.

If just 5 people could set-up a regular monthly PayPal of just £2 or €2 that would allow me to upgrade the server.

PM me if you would like to help. Without your help there will come a time when the site will no longer be able to be updated

Thanks
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Donations

Post by R-Tape »

Just bumping this to see if there might be any takers. This is going worse than the 2018 xmas prize draw!

I understand we're all patreoned out (I certainly am), but I'd say this is different to your average kofi.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Unfortunately PayPal have taken the open away to automate monthly donations from personal accounts so you can either do it each month or make a one off donation.

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks to those who have already contacted me.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Worth to have a Patreon or something similar, so people can subscribe for monthly payments? And that that link to the "help" section for example.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]druellan[/mention]

I will look into that, but the feedback so far I've had is that people prefer to make a one off donation rather than commit to a monthly one.
PQR
Manic Miner

Post by PQR »

Just donated. 8-)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Just a note to send a big thank you to all those who donated towards hosting costs. Some of you have different emails for PayPal then your one for SC but hopefully I have thanked you all personally too.

Peter
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

Just donated too. Exchange rates a bit murderous.