Conduct in the Spectrum and wider retro community.

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
jmk
Drutt

Conduct in the Spectrum and wider retro community.

Post by jmk »

It has come to my attention that there is some unfortunate behaviour around the Spectrum and retro scenes. Some people are being hounded in a manner that is both extremely distressing and damaging.

The targets seem to be women, minorities, people with mental health problems, etc. Which is ironic, as no-one still involved with a computer approaching its 40th birthday can consider themselves a part of the mainstream.

At least one person knows the identity of the perpetrator and has a moral duty to do what they can to prevent this.

We are a tiny community and even the loss of one voice is a heavy blow to us. All we have are the people and the things they, enthusiastically, produce. Without their output, the community does not exist. Let's be honest, we decrease in number every year. Precipitating this helps no-one.

Thankfully, I do not see much of it on this forum. But I'm sure that, as a community, we can say that we stand with the harassed, not the harasser.
Just like before, it's yesterday once more.