February Roundup, and ZZAP! Birmingham Retro Event

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

February Roundup, and ZZAP! Birmingham Retro Event

Post by RoseTintedSpectrum »

Hello all,

It's been a busy month with the channel, including a new unveiled feature which those of you from the UK may be most interested in (especially those near the Birmingham area).

I started a feature entitled Games That Made Us, in which I'll be inviting on guests every so often to discuss the seminal games that blew them away. This month's guest was a fella called SpectrumNez who runs the ZZAP! Birmingham retro event. The event itself is a charitable affair, and all proceeds will be donated toward the Walsall Scout Group. The most exciting information from all of this, that I'm sure a few of you will be interested in: Both Tim Gilberts and Jim Bagley will be attending, along with some Spectrum Next units to try out.

The interview in question can be found through this magical link here. We also discuss the Games That Made Him, which include:

Knight Lore (Spectrum)
Space Harrier (Arcade)
Outrun (Arcade)
Pac-Land (Arcade)
Shadow of the Beast (Amiga)

During the discussions, we touch on the Spectrum iterations quite a bit as well.

Anyway, outside of that, we've got the following:

Non-Reviews

The Playground Wars - ZX Spectrum vs. C64 ~ What happens when you get ZX Spectrum fans and Commodore Fans to revert back to their childhood selves and slag each other off? Well... You can probably guess.

The Man Had Trouser Trouble: A Sam Fox Strip Poker Caper

Actual Game Reviews

Dandy
Everyone's a Wally
Booty & Booty: The Remake
Bounty Bob Strikes Back
(3D) Deathchase

Phew.

Enjoy all, and thanks yet again.