ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
Ralf
Dynamite Dan
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:59 am
Location: Poland

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by Ralf » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:02 pm

Is anybody from here thining to enter??
I could enter with a bit of trickery about the rules.

I have a 80% completed game which is a remake of PC game but there also exists some another, obscure and humble remake of that game on Spectrum.
So I may claim that my game is a remake of that Spectrum remake, right? :lol:

I don't want to say more at the moment ;)
0 x

User avatar
Ivanzx
Site Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by Ivanzx » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:31 pm

Ralf wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:02 pm
Is anybody from here thining to enter??
I could enter with a bit of trickery about the rules.

I have a 80% completed game which is a remake of PC game but there also exists some another, obscure and humble remake of that game on Spectrum.
So I may claim that my game is a remake of that Spectrum remake, right? :lol:

I don't want to say more at the moment ;)
It sounds totally legal, as long as there is a Spectrum game, you can submit yours as Remake, no matter how obscure the original remake is ;)

Any clue? :ugeek:
0 x

Ralf
Dynamite Dan
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:59 am
Location: Poland

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by Ralf » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:59 am

Any clue?
It would be an adventure game, type of "talk to person, get object, use it on something" But not a typed text game, it will be with graphics and clickable menu. And I really don't wont to say more at the moment ;)
Radastan seems to be a finisher so I think this one will happen.
I like your optimism Ivan ;) but unfortunately I feel differently.

If I remember correctly Radastan was behind the Castlevania project which after many years turned out to be a vapourware.
When it was announced people really had big hopes about it. Then years passed and we never got even the smallest demo, just the hollow
promises that the work goes on. And then Sanchez from Russia came and did it independently from scratch in one year.

So Radastan scored a few minus points for me. But I'll try to be open-minded, if something comes out from Toki project all this stuff will be forgiven and forgotten ;)
0 x

User avatar
Ivanzx
Site Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by Ivanzx » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:07 pm

Ralf wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:59 am
Any clue?
It would be an adventure game, type of "talk to person, get object, use it on something" But not a typed text game, it will be with graphics and clickable menu. And I really don't wont to say more at the moment ;)
Radastan seems to be a finisher so I think this one will happen.
I like your optimism Ivan ;) but unfortunately I feel differently.

If I remember correctly Radastan was behind the Castlevania project which after many years turned out to be a vapourware.
When it was announced people really had big hopes about it. Then years passed and we never got even the smallest demo, just the hollow
promises that the work goes on. And then Sanchez from Russia came and did it independently from scratch in one year.

So Radastan scored a few minus points for me. But I'll try to be open-minded, if something comes out from Toki project all this stuff will be forgiven and forgotten ;)
Hmm it is really nice to hear that you are preparing an Icon driven adventure! I am now giving Zombi by Ubisoft a try and like the system a lot! Looking forward to seeing what exactly is!

As for Toki, I didnt say that sentence you quoted, it was Dave, actually ;)
I also have to see it to believe it, it is a huge project and not easy, but the good thing is that Radastan has assembled a team in order to get it done :)
Let´s see but it won´t be easy.
0 x

Ralf
Dynamite Dan
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:59 am
Location: Poland

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by Ralf » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:13 am

Actually it won't be icons but clickable words, like in Lucas games. But no, it's not a remake of any Lucas game ;)

Still it should save you a lot of frustration coming from "word hunting", when you know the right thing to do but the parser sucks and doesn't understand you.
0 x

User avatar
Ivanzx
Site Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by Ivanzx » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Ralf wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:13 am
Actually it won't be icons but clickable words, like in Lucas games. But no, it's not a remake of any Lucas game ;)

Still it should save you a lot of frustration coming from "word hunting", when you know the right thing to do but the parser sucks and doesn't understand you.
Not many Spectrum games like that!! It will have a feeling that I want to experience already!! :)
0 x

User avatar
Ivanzx
Site Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by Ivanzx » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:44 am

Another entry in the ZX Dev MIA & Remakes!

This time is a remake of a spanish Spectrum game which was originally beautiful graphically but very difficult and somewhat unplayable, Explorer XXXI:

http://zx-dev-mia-remakes.proboards.com ... xxi-remake

It is being done with AGD ;)
0 x

User avatar
Ivanzx
Site Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by Ivanzx » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi guys!

Since I wrote for the last time, 4 new entries were opened in the ZX Dev!

-Elon Musk with a Jet Pack, a remake of Jet Pac!!!

-Misifu la gatita a demake of the PC DOS game Alley Cat!!

-Booty the Remake, a remake of the classic Booty!!

-Max Pickles, a series of adventures written in BASIC in an awesome way!

Remember you are all welcome to participate commenting in the forums, submitting games or backing for the prize which will turn you into a judge ;)

http://zx-dev-mia-remakes.proboards.com ... ies-juegos

@Ralf @R-Tape @PROSM @Hikaru @Valdir what are you waiting for! the prize is almost 1000€!!
1 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2539
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by R-Tape » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:06 am

Ivanzx wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:03 pm
-@Ralf @R-Tape @PROSM @Hikaru @Valdir what are you waiting for!
I will enter but the game will not appear until 2019. I need to finish Bean Brothers, then it will be time to start work on the Woot! magazine.

There are so many fun possibilities for the MIA category, but I think I know what I'm going to do.
the prize is almost 1000€!!
I'm quite content with being an 'also ran' :mrgreen:
0 x

User avatar
Ivanzx
Site Admin
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am

Re: ZX Dev MIA-Remakes - The new ZX Dev is already here!

Post by Ivanzx » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:02 pm

It´s been 4 months already since the ZX Dev MIA & Remakes started, and since the last month, many things have happened :)

Here is a summary:

2 new entries:

-Atomix ZX: MIA from US Gold, being coded by Julian Urbano

-Black Flag: Based on Pirates! from Sid Meier, coded by catmeows


The prize has reached 1100€
Remember that anyone who backs the prize with whatever amount will automatically be a judge in order to decide the winners ;)

And I have heard that some people from here will participate eh :)

http://zx-dev-mia-remakes.proboards.com/

Still 5 months to go!
1 x

Post Reply