Quazatron - how many cities?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
HushToedIceland
Drutt

Quazatron - how many cities?

Post by HushToedIceland »

Quazatron's Wikipedia-page lists four citadels for Quazatron:
When the first location, Quazatron, has been completely cleared, Klepto proceeds to the next citadel, Beebatron (a reference to a rival microcomputer, the BBC Model B or "Beeb"). Subsequent citadels, Commodo and Amstrados, are also named after microcomputers of the era.
However, after clearing Amstrados, my Klepto was transported to Spectodron and after clearing that to Ataralix (I only get to see the screens for a second or two, so I might have a typo in there). My question: how many of those citadels should I expect?
p13z
Manic Miner

Re: Quazatron - how many cities?

Post by p13z »

Not too familiar with the game - but the archive here links to the Speccy map:
https://maps.speccy.cz/map.php?id=Quazatron
And playthroughs on Youtube:
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/3 ... /Quazatron
Weiv
Microbot

Post by Weiv »

HushToedIceland wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:06 am Quazatron's Wikipedia-page lists four citadels for Quazatron:

However, after clearing Amstrados, my Klepto was transported to Spectodron and after clearing that to Ataralix (I only get to see the screens for a second or two, so I might have a typo in there). My question: how many of those citadels should I expect?
8 cities in the game: Quazatron, Beebatron, Commodo, Amstrados, Spectoron, Atarilix, Amigos, Ibmos. I finished all them in my youth.
HushToedIceland
Drutt

Post by HushToedIceland »

+1 for finishing it all in one session and not giving up, even though you couldn't know how many times you were going to play the same game. Anyway, I don't have time for such long sessions, so I'm using my DivMMC. Thanks! Now I know how far I still have to go!
Last edited by HushToedIceland on Mon May 20, 2024 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pobulous
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pobulous »

Wow, I never realised that it had 8 citadels!

So the map in the archive is only the first citadel!

The walkthroughs only seem to cover the first citadel, too.
rich_r
Drutt

Post by rich_r »

I remember getting to Spectoron back in my youth, but then dying and really wishing I had a way of saving games. I guess now I've got a DivMMC Future on my Spectrum, I have the means to save and may well give it another go.

Quazatron is one of my favourite games. Just the right balance of not being too difficult and feeling like you're making progress, without being boring and too easy. Of course, that was 30+ years ago - I'll probably fail to complete the first level now I'm in my 50's :D