Horace games

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

Your fave Horace game?

Hungry Horace (1982)
23%
Horace Goes Skiing (1982)
55%
Horace and the Spiders (1983)
23%

Total votes: 22

Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Horace games

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

One of the most iconic Spectrum characters.

I've never been a fan of these games, so I made this poll to see people's preferences about the official ones by Melbourne House.

ImageImage

Vote and comment!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Horace games

Post by R-Tape »

Skiing. I loved this game and played it loads BITD. It wasn't just a well executed frogger clone followed by a type in style scroller, IT WAS HORACE!
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:42 pm Skiing. I loved this game and played it loads BITD. It wasn't just a well executed frogger clone followed by a type in style scroller, IT WAS HORACE!
I think you meant to type "The original is indisputably the best Horace game and none of the others comes close to matching its ineffable awesomeness", but I guess your fingers must have slipped.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

"NO MONEY NO SKI".

Hungry Horace might have swung the 'nostalgia' vote if the third maze had been a bit more sensibly designed, I reckon.
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
AndyC
Dynamite Dan

Post by AndyC »

Spiders. The first two "levels" are kind of pointless, but the Space Panic bit was great and it made it the one I'd go back to again and again. Skiing had a reasonable Frogger clone, but the actual skiing bit was less fun. The original is just a bit meh.
Pobulous
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pobulous »

Skiing was the only one I had back in the day, in fact I think it was the first game I played, since it came as a pack-in.
Nostalgia is strong with this one.

None of them are great games, but Skiing seems the best. Both stages are playable and fair, with gradually increasing difficulty.