Microhobby Semanal 29-32

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: Microhobby Semanal 29-32

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Morkin wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:11 pm I looked up "Runge Kutter" on Wikipedia.

Saw the words "Wiener process" and started sniggering.
I'm still thinking about it...

Runge-Kutta II: The Revenge might be a great sequel. Definite Integrals this time? Lineal regression? Any ideas?
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Cuatreros del Espacio (Space Horse Thieves) by David Sapuerta

In this game you travel to planet Orion to steal horses. OPQA are the keys. You control a ship that must catch the horse avoiding the static and moving dots and go back to the ship.

It's really hard to control the ship and catching the horses, but a nice game in general.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Picnic by Luis Ayuso

This game can be included in the 'animal cruelty' sub-genre. You're in the country enjoing a delicious afternoon snack when hordes of ants are trying to steal your fruit. So you control a foot that must step on any ant before it reaches the piece of fruit. When a number of ants reaches the piece, they grab it and leave, you lose a life and then another piece is shown, starting again. A cool feature is that a different piece of fruit is shown every time.

Stepping on an ant is really hard, you must calculate the exact moment you must press the key so that the foot reaches the ant, what makes the game surprisingly addictive.

The keys are O - left, P - right and M - step on.

This topic reminds me of Yogi Bear cartoons, when he used to steal food from campers. But if you had to step on a bear to defend your food in this game, it had been another story, maybe the game would be included in the masochistic gore sub-genre.
Last edited by Juan F. Ramirez on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

And I have bad news for you...

All the games have been reviewed. The thread is finishing!

https://youtu.be/Qy9_lfjQopU

Now it's time to you to test the games and share your dissapointments views with us.

But I also have great news for you! Microhobby Semanal 33-36 thread is coming soon in this forum! (whaaat! please stop! - Ed)
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 amA cool feature is that a different piece of fruit is shown every time.
...We have REALLY low expectations for these games...! :lol:
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Haha, that's so true! :mrgreen:
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

As the 'Seal of Approval' was introduced in the posterior thread (MH Semanal 33-36) I think I should mark the games in this thread that deserved this seal:

El Barman by Julián Arranz

Ransom by Marco A. Arroyo

Cheers!