Soccer Simulation Help

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Geoff
Drutt

Soccer Simulation Help

Post by Geoff »

H Folks, I've recently started playing some of those Spectrum games that loved in the 80's. Ant Attack, Juggernaut, Match Point, etc. I've also played Match Day but may have hada memory lapse here. I was sure that, originally, this game had a league format, as well a cup competition. So, can anyone help me please? Did Match Day 2 have this option? If not, can anyone suggest another soccer game wth the option to play a league competition? Many Thanks.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Re: Soccer Simulation Help

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Emlyn Hughes International Soccer.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Yes, I remember playing the Match Day II league a bit back in the day.

I probably (slightly) preferred Emlyn Hughes International Soccer... But both are ace games. :)
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Dark
Dizzy

Post by Dark »

In Match Day 2 you could play either a league or cup competition, can't remember what you could play in Match Day - I should maybe go and have a game, loved them both back in the day.
Geoff
Drutt

Post by Geoff »

Thanks guys for the replies. I don't think that I ever played the Emlyn Hughes game, so I'll look that out. So, it WAS Match Day 2 with the league competiton. (I wasn't dreaming!), Appreciate your help.