The best classic Speccy game beginning with #: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

The best classic Speccy game beginning with #: vote

Poll ended at Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:27 pm

10th Frame
No votes
11-a-Side Soccer
No votes
26%
19 part one: Boot Camp
No votes
12%
2%
No votes
1985 - The Day After
No votes
1994 - Ten years after
No votes
20 Tons
2%
No votes
2112AD
No votes
3 Deep Space
No votes
3D Construction Kit
2%
3D Deathchase
37%
3D Game Maker
No votes
3D Lunar Crabs
No votes
3D Monster Maze
5%
3D Painter
No votes
3D Seiddab Attack
No votes
3D Space-Wars
2%
3D-Tanx
7%
3DC
No votes
4 Minute Warning
2%
4x4 Off Road Racing
No votes
720 Degrees
2%
911 TS
No votes

Total votes: 43

Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: The best classic Speccy game beginning with #: vote

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Morkin wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:59 pm I think that link was just a scam by R-Tape to get your bank account details. Hope you didn't enter them.
Unfortunately I did it before reading your post :?

Some minutes later, I got this invoice from Amazon:

I think someone in this forum is betraying us... :roll:
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Looks like I'm a bit late for the party. But I strongly support people saying that Deathchase shouldn't be here if it was under "D" already.

Sorry, but this poll has to be redone from scratch.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Question to admins: Can we change our vote?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:04 pm Question to admins: Can we change our vote?
Not as far as I know, once the poll has been set up, it can't really be tinkered with.

[mention]namco[/mention] [mention]PeteProdge[/mention], any chance you guys could have a crack and one of you do a new poll sans 3D Deathchase?

(by the way fellas, thanks SO much for doing these all these polls, I can't believe we (have nearly) reached the end!)
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

The results so far:

3D Deathchase: 16
180: 11

We need 6 guys that haven't voted yet to vote for 180 till next 3 april.

This would be the easiest solution.
namco
Manic Miner

Post by namco »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:38 pm
Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:04 pm Question to admins: Can we change our vote?
Not as far as I know, once the poll has been set up, it can't really be tinkered with.

@namco @PeteProdge, any chance you guys could have a crack and one of you do a new poll sans 3D Deathchase?

(by the way fellas, thanks SO much for doing these all these polls, I can't believe we (have nearly) reached the end!)
I do recall doing an edit to a previous poll and that reset the scores. So maybe that could be an option? But in that case, could someone compile a list of what is not supposed to be there, other than Deathchase? Lunar Crabs was another complaint.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:21 am The results so far:

3D Deathchase: 16
180: 11

We need 6 guys to create another SC account and vote for 180 till next 3 april.

This would be the easiest solution.

Ftfy.. :D
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

That's what I thought, but I couldn't say it so clearly! :mrgreen:
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

That's true. I've played around with phpBB in my time. If you have database access, you can change the votes of course, it's a bit tedious and you have to look up every user's unique number.
That's true. I've played around with phpBB in my time. If you have database access, you can change the votes of course, it's a bit tedious and you have to look up every user's unique number.
R-Tape wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:38 pm@namco @PeteProdge, any chance you guys could have a crack and one of you do a new poll sans 3D Deathchase
I'm planning to run another Way Of The Exploding Fist vs Where Time Stood Still poll when this one's concluded, just so we can conclude the winner of W (although again, it could end up as yet another tie, I know!). Then I'll re-do this one, sans '3D Deathchase'.
R-Tape wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:38 pm(by the way fellas, thanks SO much for doing these all these polls, I can't believe we (have nearly) reached the end!)
Yes, I'd like to thank Namco for taking on the reins after my lengthy sabbaticals.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
namco
Manic Miner

Post by namco »

No problem! :)
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

You are in a dark, cold room surrounded by mad trolls that love playing Zythum. To the north, there's the choice of considering the second position (180) as the winner. To the south, you must repeat the poll. The trolls are hungry.

WHAT NOW?
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Thorin asks you 'Joey, have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?'

WHAT KNOW?
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Time passes...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:17 pm You are in a dark, cold room surrounded by mad trolls that love playing Zythum. To the north, there's the choice of considering the second position (180) as the winner. To the south, you must repeat the poll. The trolls are hungry.

WHAT NOW?
KILL JESTER
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

In all seriousness, this Sunday morning, the W poll gets re-run for 7 days (because, as you may have seen, us Brits really believe we can get a different outcome by asking the same voting question repeatedly). So we may find that Where Time Stood Still is the proper winner of the W poll. Or it might be Way Of The Exploding Fist. Or... *shudders*... it ends up in a tie again.

From Sunday 14th, this poll gets re-run, only without the games that have been in other polls (so yeah, no Deathchase).

I could quite happily pick the second-most-voted winner here (especially as it's my own choice), but hey, let's give everything a fair chance. The Deathchase voters could go for some other titles and we may have a different outcome.