The best classic Speccy game beginning with W: 2nd tie-breaker vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

The best classic Speccy game beginning with W: 2nd tie-breaker vote

Poll ended at Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Way Of The Exploding Fist, The by Melbourne House
48%
Where Time Stood Still by Ocean
52%

Total votes: 56

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Re: The best classic Speccy game beginning with W: 2nd tie-breaker vote

Post by PeteProdge »

Morkin wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:52 pm Well I voted for Fist but TBH I'm just glad the deadlock has finally been broken..
That's right - Where Time Stood Still wins the W round! Only just though.

Incidentally I didn't have to use my vote, so I didn't. And in case you were wondering, it would be for Where Time Stood Still. I did give the games a try, and I don't really get on with the controls in The Way Of The Exploding Fist. I'm not a fan of one-on-one fighting games anyway (don't get me started on the post-Speccy era where Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat dominated gaming, ugh) but have always enjoyed Yie Ar Kung Fu and I remember Uchi Mata being really good. If either of those two were facing off against WTSS (in some bizarre universe where they begin with the letter W), then my vote would be different.
Morkin wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:52 pmNow just the number poll to be re-run, and then it's done..!
Just about to start the new number poll, that's gonna go on for 7 days, and then next Sunday, we're gonna have the 'poll of polls'. Finding out the best games from all 27 winners of each letter.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!