The games of Matthew Smith

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The games of Matthew Smith

Post by PeteProdge »

This, from the superb retrogaming YouTuber Kim Justice, has landed very timely, considering we've been chatting about the merits of Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy in recent weeks.

It's just over an hour long, and it's highly compelling. It covers more than just MM and JSW. Styx gets a fair review, and there's plenty to learn from the post-JSW days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GjTJt40VRY
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Re: The games of Matthew Smith

Post by Pegaz »

Exciting and sad at the same time.
One thing I didnt quite understand... Why Software Project didnt pay him, for JSW?
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Oh, and ChinnyVision has gone heavily in depth on Jet Set Willy across 7 formats, including Spectrum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPEwl5Z9Z4k
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Sokurah
Manic Miner

Post by Sokurah »

Haha, that Atari 8-bit version is DIRE!
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2, Vallation & Sqij.
Twitter: Sokurah
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

MSX version is surprisingly good, looks like a perfect pixel port from Spectrum and this two versions are the best, I think.