I've Never Played Fairlight

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Re: I've Never Played Fairlight

Post by Pegaz »

I have never played Starquake seriously, though this type of game is among my favorites.
Same thing with Quazatron, dont liked at all.
Never goes deeply into Tau Ceti and Academy, just preferred Elite.
However, both games look interesting, maybe it's time to give them a chance.
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

I'm not much of a Dizzy fan either, but some of the modern games are pretty good - Log Cabin Dizzy, Mushrooms Pie and Crystal Kingdom Dizzy. Worth playing IMO. I still find the jumping physics kind of annoying, as you can't stop yourself from rolling to your doom if you land in the wrong place.

Chaos, The Great Escape and Lords of Midnight are some of the games I never really got into. Mostly because I never knew what you were supposed to do. And with Lords of Midnight, you also needed that keyboard overlay thing or there were too many different actions to remember.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

With Midwinter (I know, it's a 16-bit game) I never played it, but then I could never figure out from all that was written about it, how it actually played. It had a real-time simulation look to it, with driving and flying looking like a flight sim or Carrier Command, but then it was supposed to be some sort of turn-based strategy game? I don't get how that works.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Carrier Command was pretty awesome. I couldn’t make heads or tails of it, until a friend came over and showed me how to play it properly. I then spent weeks playing it. Tomahawk, though . . . I honestly tried to like it. Even figured out all the controls, but . . . It was never meant to be. And I like helicopters. ;)
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

djnzx48 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:23 am Chaos, The Great Escape and Lords of Midnight are some of the games I never really got into. Mostly because I never knew what you were supposed to do.
As to The Great Escape, I learned how to play easily, and I was not given any instructions... you know... ;)

Just a question of having enough time to explore, use objects, easy to play and easy to finish.
ZxSpence
Dizzy

Post by ZxSpence »

Carrier command on the Speccy was brilliant