Rik The Roadie by Alternative Software

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Rik The Roadie by Alternative Software

Post by PeteProdge »

Never played it, but as we can see in ChinnyVision's latest video, it is clearly a load of dog's eggs...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/NmTmy8LVFVM[/youtube]
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Wall_Axe
Manic Miner

Re: Rik The Roadie by Alternative Software

Post by Wall_Axe »

It could've been a cool management game like ghostbusters,
It seems like once the basics were done they were just like, "well these 8bits are on their last legs, lets just strip mine the last dying breaths out of 'em"
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Wall_Axe wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:58 pm It could've been a cool management game like ghostbusters,
It seems like once the basics were done they were just like, "well these 8bits are on their last legs, lets just strip mine the last dying breaths out of 'em"
I'm still astonished at that first level - the Spy-Hunter-esque drivel - which is clearly unfair. As you see in the video, lots of points where you won't be able to get past the traffic even if you were the best gamesplayer in the world.

I'd be insulted if this was a PD freebie on a covertape. To think actual money was charged for this.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Wall_Axe
Manic Miner

Post by Wall_Axe »

yeah i think its like E.T. where they just rushed the game out
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Never knew about this game, it's a waste of good quality tape.