The best modern Speccy game beginning with B: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

The best modern Speccy game beginning with B

Poll ended at Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Balachor's Revenge
9%
Baldy ZX
No votes
Barbarians
No votes
Bardic Rite, The
No votes
Bean Brothers
23%
BeTiled!
5%
Biscuits in Hell
5%
Black Horse
No votes
Black Raven
5%
Big Sleaze 2, The
5%
Bobby Carrot
5%
Booty - The Remake
No votes
Bouncing Bomb - Redux
18%
Box Reloaded
No votes
Brainkrush
No votes
Bozxle
No votes
Buzzsaw+
18%
Byte Me
9%

Total votes: 22

Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: The best modern Speccy game beginning with B: vote

Post by Einar Saukas »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:55 pm
Einar Saukas wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm I just arrived here to vote and didn't expect to find it closed already...
Blast. Another vote missed for Bean Brothers...
I know you are just teasing me to reveal my vote but I will bite the bullet anyway.

There are many great games in this poll, but I believe Buzzsaw+ stands high above the others. Ask someone to name the top 3 groundbreaking games in Spectrum history, and there's a reasonable chance the answer will be Manic Miner, Knight Lore, and Buzzsaw+.

I think it's not fair that Manic Miner (or JSW) looks outdated now but still wins polls due to nostalgia, while Buzzsaw+ still remains up-to-date in comparison to posterior multicolor titles but didn't win this poll.

Perhaps it's not so easy to remember how much impressive Buzzsaw+ looked at the time, because high quality multicolor titles became commonplace nowadays. However most of these other titles wouldn't exist without Buzzsaw+. In particular, Buzzsaw+ was the title that convinced me it was worth it to invest my time to develop multicolor engines.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Re: The best modern Speccy game beginning with B: vote

Post by Morkin »

Congrats to the Beanmeister..!

Certainly a playable and pulse-ating game. :D
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com