The best modern Speccy game beginning with B: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

The best modern Speccy game beginning with B

Poll ended at Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:20 pm

Balachor's Revenge
9%
Baldy ZX
No votes
Barbarians
No votes
Bardic Rite, The
No votes
Bean Brothers
23%
BeTiled!
5%
Biscuits in Hell
5%
Black Horse
No votes
Black Raven
5%
Big Sleaze 2, The
5%
Bobby Carrot
5%
Booty - The Remake
No votes
Bouncing Bomb - Redux
18%
Box Reloaded
No votes
Brainkrush
No votes
Bozxle
No votes
Buzzsaw+
18%
Byte Me
9%

Total votes: 22

ZxSpence
Dizzy

Re: The best modern Speccy game beginning with B: vote

Post by ZxSpence »

If you can't punch a mammoth to death with the media it's a freakin' download. I remember when we had to hammer out bits and bytes on Stonehenge to get Neolithic Set Willy running, and some tosser would accidentally knock all the stones over like dominoes so we would have to quarry out new slabs all over again.

Bloody kids. Don't know their born.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

IIRC all previous "best game" pools in this forum always finished on a Monday. If so, why did this one close on a Sunday?

I just arrived here to vote and didn't expect to find it closed already...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Einar Saukas wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm IIRC all previous "best game" pools in this forum always finished on a Monday. If so, why did this one close on a Sunday?

I just arrived here to vote and didn't expect to find it closed already...
You don't recall correctly. The ones I've started usually start/end on a Sunday.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Sorry, my bad!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Einar Saukas wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm I just arrived here to vote and didn't expect to find it closed already...
Blast. Another vote missed for Bean Brothers...
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:55 pm
Einar Saukas wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm I just arrived here to vote and didn't expect to find it closed already...
Blast. Another vote missed for Bean Brothers...
I know you are just teasing me to reveal my vote but I will bite the bullet anyway.

There are many great games in this poll, but I believe Buzzsaw+ stands high above the others. Ask someone to name the top 3 groundbreaking games in Spectrum history, and there's a reasonable chance the answer will be Manic Miner, Knight Lore, and Buzzsaw+.

I think it's not fair that Manic Miner (or JSW) looks outdated now but still wins polls due to nostalgia, while Buzzsaw+ still remains up-to-date in comparison to posterior multicolor titles but didn't win this poll.

Perhaps it's not so easy to remember how much impressive Buzzsaw+ looked at the time, because high quality multicolor titles became commonplace nowadays. However most of these other titles wouldn't exist without Buzzsaw+. In particular, Buzzsaw+ was the title that convinced me it was worth it to invest my time to develop multicolor engines.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Congrats to the Beanmeister..!

Certainly a playable and pulse-ating game. :D
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com