The Mastertronic Archives book - what happened to it?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The Mastertronic Archives book - what happened to it?

Post by PeteProdge »

Does anyone know what the status of this crowdfunder is?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... c-archives

I mean, does this book actually exist anywhere (promised for about this time last year)? It's definitely the kind of thing I'd snap up in a shot. I have this odd desire to play every Mastertronic game ever, and there's about 918 different titles they've released.

Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Wall_Axe
Manic Miner

Re: The Mastertronic Archives book - what happened to it?

Post by Wall_Axe »

does the 918 include other platforms?
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

Looks like an interesting book.

Judging by some of the comments on the kickstarter campaign page the author must be having some health issues preventing completion. I see people asking for refunds on it which is a shame, never good to see people lose faith. Problem is though you're financing the project by backing it, not guaranteeing an end product.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Wall_Axe wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:11 am does the 918 include other platforms?
Almost certainly!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Lorfarius
Drutt

Post by Lorfarius »

Spud wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:55 am Looks like an interesting book.

Judging by some of the comments on the kickstarter campaign page the author must be having some health issues preventing completion. I see people asking for refunds on it which is a shame, never good to see people lose faith. Problem is though you're financing the project by backing it, not guaranteeing an end product.
I think he had a heart attack at one stage last year but seems to just keep being delayed, in the comments it talks about problems with his knees.... He had 3 books on the go and all of them have stopped. On one of the other projects a relative has died, another his heart, then different issues etc. I think in cases like this there's nothing wrong in people expecting refunds.
UK's number one Amiga podcast:

https://www.AMIGArama.com