Forgot the name of an underwater game

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
zxbruno
Manic Miner

Forgot the name of an underwater game

Post by zxbruno »

Was playing Scuba Dive tonight and remembered there was another game that was also underwater but it had a gameplay similar to Jetpac, and the diver was always connected to the boat. I think there were also mines you had to avoid?

As we get older we'll probably get more and more of these "looking for a game" threads...
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Re: Forgot the name of an underwater game

Post by djnzx48 »

It wouldn't happen to be this game, would it?
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I believe it's Glug Glug:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=2062

Great game by the way. With playability at the same level as Ultimate classics (Pssst, Cookie,Jetpac).
zxbruno
Manic Miner

Post by zxbruno »

It's Glug Glug indeed, but the other game seems interesting and will try it. Thank you!

I tried the archive search, but couldn't figure out a way to search for this specific theme. :mrgreen:
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I tried the archive search, but couldn't figure out a way to search for this specific theme.
Yep, it's not possible.

It would probably require a systems of tags attached to each game. Think of terms like "underwater","spaceman","knight","airplane" and so on. No such data are currently in the database.
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

Looks fun! It is probably inspired in this arcade game which I thought of remaking in Basic.
https://youtu.be/5nKhWV4BddA
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Looks fun! It is probably inspired in this arcade game which I thought of remaking in Basic.
Good spot! I suppose most of us have never heard about it.
I also believe it should be noted in the database and if you don't mind, will report it in a proper thread.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

zxbruno wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:37 amI tried the archive search, but couldn't figure out a way to search for this specific theme.
ZXDB currently contains the following theme tags (inherited from Martijn's WoS):

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons
Ancient Mythology
Christmas Theme
Computer Hacking
Fighting Fantasy
Historical Warfare
Martial Arts
Medieval Legends
Nursery Rhyme
Parody
Religious Gospel

I will gladly add more themes to the database, as long as someone can provide a full list of title IDs for each new theme. If anyone wants to organize this kind of list for any specific theme, I suggest opening a new thread in this forum, and I'm sure many users will help.