Any Speccy games like Factorio?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
SteveSmith
Manic Miner

Any Speccy games like Factorio?

Post by SteveSmith »

It just struck me that the Spectrum's character layout would have been perfect for something like Factorio, but AFAICR there was never any game on the Speccy anything like it, although I'm probably wrong. Was there ever some kind of game where you set up factories and conveyor belts? Maybe something like The Train Game, but you laid your own track?
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: Any Speccy games like Factorio?

Post by Ralf »

I haven't heard about Factorio before but a quick Google check shows that it's something in the style of Sim City (or am I wrong? ). So yes, there is Sim City on Spectrum:

Speaking of conveyor belts there is Factory Daze by Bob Smith but I guess you meant something a bit different:

I also recall Colony may be a bit similar but I've never actually played it myself:
SteveSmith
Manic Miner

Post by SteveSmith »

Thanks, I forgot about Colony.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Amusement Park isn't a million miles away from what you have in mind.

And I remember some time ago now, Climacus was working on a railway managment game where you set all the tracks and other things in this way. [mention]Climacus[/mention], do you still have this? Is it something to add to ZXDB as a demo?
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

It was Transportium.

The demo was actually quite nice. It'd be cool to see a full game based on Transport Tycoon someday.
Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

R-Tape wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:51 pm Amusement Park isn't a million miles away from what you have in mind.

And I remember some time ago now, Climacus was working on a railway managment game where you set all the tracks and other things in this way. @Climacus, do you still have this? Is it something to add to ZXDB as a demo?
Sorry, but I´ve left the project years ago. I dont think I'll pick it up again. Cheers.