Bonaventura Di Bello?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Bonaventura Di Bello?

Post by Einar Saukas »

According to data originally imported from Martijn's WoS, "Bonaventura Di Bello" is a nickname, whose real name is "Max Di Bello".

However the wikipedia page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonaventura_Di_Bello suggests that "Bonaventura Di Bello" is his real name, and mentions his brother "Massimiliano Di Bello" co-founded the game publisher. Perhaps "Max Di Bello" refers to his brother?

There are 55 games credited as authored by "Max Di Bello", from team "Bonaventura Di Bello". This kind of credit doesn't make much sense, because "Bonaventura Di Bello" is not a team. It's either a real name or a nickname. I would like to rectify this information.

Does anybody know if "Bonaventura Di Bello" and "Max Di Bello" are the same person or not?
Kweepa
Manic Miner

Re: Bonaventura Di Bello?

Post by Kweepa »

If it's his real name it's a great name for an adventure game author!
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Bonaventura is his real name, I can confirm this. I don't know him personally but my friends at the VIGAMUS in Rome do, and he has been a guest for various events held there. I also mentioned him in the Spectrumpedia with that name.

Max surely is his brother Massimiliano.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Thanks for the confirmation!

I'm guessing all these games that say they were authored by author "Max Di Bello" from team "Bonaventura Di Bello", were actually authored by Bonaventura Di Bello only. And his brother wasn't author for any of them. Is this correct?

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... el_id=1818
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Bonaventura Di Bello is a member of the Sinclair Software Preservation group on Facebook, so he is pretty contactable there (and elsewhere).

Prolific isn't even a word that does justice to the guy. His Italian adventures are outside my area of expertise, so someone like Simone Voltolini would probably be best answering your queries.

I do love the titles of his games, though...

http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/Bonaventura_Di_Bello
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Bonacentura himself writes here about how he got involved with adventure games...
http://web.archive.org/web/200508261756 ... o.org/bdb/

(Google Translate will do a good job with this if, like me, you don't speak Italian!)
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Some of his games are still missing here. If he's still interested in Spectrum then maybe someone could contact him and check if he still has them. It would be great to eliminate the MIAs.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Ralf wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:12 am Some of his games are still missing here. If he's still interested in Spectrum then maybe someone could contact him and check if he still has them. It would be great to eliminate the MIAs.
I think [mention]wallyweek[/mention] has been gradually recovering these and posting them in the preservation section, as he's been doing on the Sinclair Software Preservation FB.