Timex - Hungry Horace Cover Wanted

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
zapiy
Drutt

Timex - Hungry Horace Cover Wanted

Post by zapiy »

Hi all,

Can anyone help supply me a hi res cover scan of this please.

I need to be able to extract the character and credit will be given.

Thanks
beanz
Microbot

Re: Timex - Hungry Horace Cover Wanted

Post by beanz »

I think I have it, I'll dig it out this weekend.
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

Here you go, I also scanned Horace and the Spiders and Horace goes Skiing as they are slightly different images of Horace too.

I scanned at 2400 dps (highest my scanner would go) and saved as tif...that makes them 250mb each! Below is a sample JPG version, if you need the tif drop me an email with somewhere to upload them.

1bvl109
Dizzy

Post by 1bvl109 »

beanz wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:10 pm Here you go, I also scanned Horace and the Spiders and Horace goes Skiing as they are slightly different images of Horace too.
I always had the highest regard for Timex. Wish I had a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timex_Sinclair_2068 Why oh why didn't Sinclair go with their improved ULA?
So they knew about the rattail. And about the invisible arms.
beanz wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:10 pm I scanned at 2400 dps (highest my scanner would go) and saved as tif...that makes them 250mb each!
Sorry for the wisecracking, but does your scanner really support 2400 dps physical resolution? Mine goes as high, but it is only interpolating. As the interpolation routine usually is not very good, if you have to interpolate, it is preferable to scan at physical resolution and use professional software, if you have to enlarge. Free options are e.g. IrfanView or The Gimp. Export from The Gimp to tif supports compression IIRC or you could use lossless PNG-compression.
"Truth would quickly cease to be stranger than fiction, once we got used to it." - H.L. Mencken
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

1bvl109 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:54 pm Sorry for the wisecracking, but does your scanner really support 2400 dps physical resolution? Mine goes as high, but it is only interpolating. As the interpolation routine usually is not very good, if you have to interpolate, it is preferable to scan at physical resolution and use professional software, if you have to enlarge. Free options are e.g. IrfanView or The Gimp. Export from The Gimp to tif supports compression IIRC or you could use lossless PNG-compression.
Don't know that much about scanning to be honest, I rarely do it (the above are probably the first time I scanned anything on my printer since I've had it), that was the highest setting option when I went to scan but I don't know if it's a "legitimate' figure. The TIF files were 250mb though which I thought a bit ridiculous.
1bvl109
Dizzy

Post by 1bvl109 »

beanz wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:57 pmThe TIF files were 250mb though which I thought a bit ridiculous.
Today with 4k videos 'n stuff 250mb of course is nothing. Just thought, you wanted to know how it get's so bloated, e. g. if you should have to send such a file by email. The physical resolution should be mentioned in the scanner's manual or on the machine itself. This is the optimal resolution to scan in.
"Truth would quickly cease to be stranger than fiction, once we got used to it." - H.L. Mencken
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Cool inlays, I love them!