Flagrant Disregard For The Law In Games

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Nick
Manic Miner

Flagrant Disregard For The Law In Games

Post by Nick »

Poor old Trashman, he has to deal with pavement cyclists, possible speeding and hit and run situations and vicious dogs that are clearly not being kept under control. All of which would result, in the real world, in the police getting involved.

Can anyone think of any other games where certain events would mean a visit from the police/council/social services etc?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Flagrant Disregard For The Law In Games

Post by R-Tape »

I think Mad Nurse would have her stun gas confiscated by pettifogging bureaucrats these days. Tsk.
Hank Scorpio
Manic Miner

Post by Hank Scorpio »

Hampstead involved an amount of fraudulent behaviour which would probably result in a government enquiry and keep the newspapers busy for weeks.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Mugsy and They Stole A Million. You can't get more illegal than that (at least as far as Spectrum games are concerned).

In How To Be A Complete Bas**rd, you could vandalize the furniture by smashing it with the hammer, or burning it with the matches. You could also electrocute a guest with the battery charger. While being blind drunk, you could also kill one of those frickin' yuppies with the razor blade or the chainsaw, but then you got arrested by the police.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Paperboy smashes a lot of windows on his paper round. I doubt he'd even get to day 2 IRL...
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
MrBlaz
Dizzy

Post by MrBlaz »

For my part, I suspect that the Repair Shop in Automania doesn't comply with the safety regulations. :roll:
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

The working conditions in Travel With Trashman are excessive (and don't comply either with the safety regulations, as in Automania)
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:03 am The working conditions in Travel With Trashman are excessive (and don't comply either with the safety regulations, as in Automania)
The waiter in Tapper for the same reasons!
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Based on the size of the house and the volume of mess left I would say that Marias blatant abuse of Willy (fnar fnar) is tantamount to slave labour. Let alone the numerous health and safety breaches!!

Surely Jack the Nipper could be done for breaking and entering based on the fact that he just wanders into peoples house and makes a reet mess?

Out Run Europa is a blatant case of speeding in a built up area.
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

I don't think Doomdark's policies would be in compliance with UN agreements.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

In the Arcticfox inlay it can be read: "SO HOT IT PRACTICALLY MELTS THE POLAR ICE CAP"

Definitely not the fave game of that swedish angry climate-warrior girl... :shock:

"gets coat etc etc"
DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

Gunfright was set in a fairly lawless town. Such was its 'town not big enough for the two of us' vibe, the sheriff only faced one bad guy at a time. (O/T - Was Gunfright an early example of 'boss rush' games?)