The best modern Speccy game beginning with J: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best modern Speccy game beginning with J: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Right, as I always say, I know almost nothing about the homebrew scene, so this is where you have seven days to nominate titles of modern ZX Spectrum games (this time beginning with J), and then I run a week-long poll here starting from next week.

Away you go!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Hank Scorpio
Manic Miner

Re: The best modern Speccy game beginning with J: discussion

Post by Hank Scorpio »

There are a host of JSW mods, maybe they could have their own poll first and the winner, or winners if there's a tie could then go into the main J section?
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Hank Scorpio wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:51 am There are a host of JSW mods, maybe they could have their own poll first and the winner, or winners if there's a tie could then go into the main J section?
No. While I see the games are very much going to have a similar style of play, it's all about the letter they begin with. The polls have always been like that, and by their nature, have covered a lot of incredibly diverse genres and often contained more than their fair share of a particular genre in cases where there is inclusion for "[game name]"; "[game name] 2"; "[game name] 3", etc.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I can only add one to Daren's list: Journey to another world. JBGV at his funny, quirky and clunky best.

Not sure what I'll vote yet, but it'll most likely be one of these: Justin, Janosik, JINJ and Journey to another world.
Nick
Manic Miner

Post by Nick »

Hank Scorpio wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:51 am There are a host of JSW mods
Of the many ones available I like and therefore would like to nominate:

Jet Set Willy: Lord Of The Rings
Jet Set Willy: Manic Miner
Jet Set Willy 5: ZX Heroes