Name of Spectrum horizontal spaceshooter?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Bert
Drutt

Name of Spectrum horizontal spaceshooter?

Post by Bert »

Hi there, I´m new to the forums, my name is Bert.

Wonder if someone can help me? Trying to find a Spectrum game from probably 1982/1983. It was a Defender-esque type of horizontal shooter. There was a fixed gaming area - similar as in the picture and you started with your spaceship on the right of the screen above city skyscrapers. Main section of the gaming are is just land space and to the outer left were like 2-3 blocks and that where swarms of aliens appeared only to make their way across the sands and progressing to the right. So it was a simple shoot laser blaster and main objective was to take down the alien ships swarm.
In memory it was a good game but making me bit crazy not finding it as I cannot remember the name.
Does anyone remember this? Horizontal early space shooter.
Cheers, Bert

stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Re: Name of Spectrum horizontal spaceshooter?

Post by stupidget »

Was it a game you bought or possibly one you typed in from a magazine?
Bert
Drutt

Post by Bert »

It was a commercial game but had in on tape with few others - pirated back in the days.
The alien swarm was just like red dots moving across the screen. Closest similarity is Defender but still not the same game.
Bert
Drutt

Post by Bert »

Also the gaming area was probably like 4-5 screens, scrolling as you moved your spaceship
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

I don't know why, but first thing that comes to my mind is the usual Mikro-Gen game from the early years... Cosmic Raiders, maybe?

Bert
Drutt

Post by Bert »

[mention]Juan F. Ramirez[/mention] Bingo, that´s the game :)

Have to revisit it and see if it is as good as I recall. Many thanks