Which MIA game would you love to have?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Manic Miner

Which MIA game would you love to have?

Post by PeteProdge » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:32 pm

You've got a magic wand, which MIA game for the ZX Spectrum game would you like to have in your hands and be put online as a TZX for us all to play?

I expect this...
...to be a popular choice.
0 x
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here now!
Episode 1: Out Run on the ZX Spectrum 48, 128 and other machines

Swainy
Berk

Re: Which MIA game would you love to have?

Post by Swainy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Great Giana Sisters.
0 x

Hank Scorpio
Dizzy

Post by Hank Scorpio » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Although not strictly an MIA title, if Elite had managed to pull off the original Scooby Doo game that would have been something special.

In terms of actual MIA games the Super Thief ads intrigued me.
3 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Rick Dangerous

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Mire Mare, OBVIOUSLY!!!

Others as interesting as MM:

- Fairlight 3
- Saboteur 3
- Crystalis (the fourth Jonny Jones game: Saimazoom, Babaliba, Abu Simbel and this one).

By the way, the only pic of Saboteur 3 we have is this:

With those graphics I can't imagine it's a sequel of Saboteur & Saboteur 2! :mrgreen:
1 x

Alessandro
Manic Miner

Post by Alessandro » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:37 pm

• Mire Mare
  • The Great Giana Sisters
  • Saboteur III
  • Judge Death
  • The Last Ninja I
  • The Last Ninja III
  • Bangkok Knights
  • Star Trek The Rebel Universe (played it a lot on the Atari ST and always wondered why a Spectrum version couldn't come around)
  • Iron Horse
  • Solar Jetman
  • Halo Jones
  • Re-Bounder
1 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Rick Dangerous

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Three more I forgot to mention:

- Congo Bongo (I love the arcade game)
- Up 'n' Down
- High Noon:

1 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:46 pm

I'd like to see Mire Mare and Great Giana Sisters fully recovered, but wonder if it would be a bit deflating because I think I can already picture them. I might be wrong of course, but I can't see them being that special. For this reason I've gone for one that's close to home, and another that I chanced upon when researching a possible entry for last year's ZXDev.

uMIA: YTS*. I've mentioned this before. It's a BASIC game my elder brother wrote during the 80s, and while some would see it as a quality CGC entry, in my mind he was a genius and my hero for being able to code it. It was a top down arcade game with 3 levels, and in one of them you carried buckets of pigswill from the left of the screen to the right. There might have been pigs to receive on the right, not sure. There were no moving enemies, but you had to avoid lumps of manure scattered RNDly around the screen. It had in-game BEEPER music and played at a good speed, for BASIC. He drew an inlay, and one of the characters was like Vivian from the young ones. It's almost definitely properly lost, but I would really love to see the inlay and game again.

MIA: Lapwing. It might be an absolute howler, but I chanced upon it and I liked the name. It's a text adventure that I considered remaking for the ZX-DevMIA comp. Even considered contacting the address in Brum from the magazine references for more info. Still might.
PeteProdge wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:32 pm
...and be put online as a TZX for us all to play?
Though to answer ^this^ question, my choices are probably only going to please me!

*Actually this should definitely have an ID. On the list.
1 x

PeteProdge
Manic Miner

Post by PeteProdge » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Swainy wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:04 pm
Great Giana Sisters.
I've played it on the C64, I'm always pleased to play its inspiration, but I honestly don't understand why Great Giana Sisters is praised by the C64 scene. It'd be okay as a budget game or magazine covertape giveaway, but it's really not worth much more than that. Heavily overrated, and I imagine it would have been worse on the Speccy. Historically important though, I'll give it that.
0 x
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here now!

PeteProdge
Manic Miner

Post by PeteProdge » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:59 pm

Juan F. Ramirez wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:30 pm
By the way, the only pic of Saboteur 3 we have is this:

With those graphics I can't imagine it's a sequel of Saboteur & Saboteur 2! :mrgreen:
Seems very much like Impossible Mission!
0 x

djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Is this meant for games that were actually developed and/or released, or ones that 'could have been'? I thought that Potty Professor sounded interesting after reading the Sinclair User review. It's a shame the game has been lost to time.
0 x