The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
User avatar
PeteProdge
Microbot
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:03 am

Re: The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

Post by PeteProdge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm
No once a poll is set it's set.

I think building up a list as we are, that can then be refined works, as long as M and R don't change of course.
So with 27 letters*, we could - for each one - give a week to sort out the candidates, then the second week to vote the candidates.

If we start with Monday 18th with A, we could be finished by the end of 2018...

* = Counting # (numeric) as a 'letter', if you see what I mean.
0 x

User avatar
Einar Saukas
Microbot
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Re: The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

Post by Einar Saukas » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:52 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm
I think building up a list as we are, that can then be refined works, as long as M and R don't change of course.
Exactly. Both Myth and R-Type are nonnegotiable!
1 x

User avatar
Einar Saukas
Microbot
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Re: The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

Post by Einar Saukas » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 pm

PeteProdge wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 pm
R-Tape wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm
No once a poll is set it's set.

I think building up a list as we are, that can then be refined works, as long as M and R don't change of course.
So with 27 letters*, we could - for each one - give a week to sort out the candidates, then the second week to vote the candidates.

If we start with Monday 18th with A, we could be finished by the end of 2018...

* = Counting # (numeric) as a 'letter', if you see what I mean.
Of course everything must be done twice, for classic and modern games!
1 x

User avatar
PeteProdge
Microbot
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:03 am

Re: The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

Post by PeteProdge » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Einar Saukas wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 pm
PeteProdge wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 pm
R-Tape wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 pm
No once a poll is set it's set.

I think building up a list as we are, that can then be refined works, as long as M and R don't change of course.
So with 27 letters*, we could - for each one - give a week to sort out the candidates, then the second week to vote the candidates.

If we start with Monday 18th with A, we could be finished by the end of 2018...

* = Counting # (numeric) as a 'letter', if you see what I mean.
Of course everything must be done twice, for classic and modern games!
Okey doke, we're on.

We'll start with two new week-long 'pick yer candidates' topics on Monday, one for classic games beginning with A, the other being modern games beginning with A.
0 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

Post by R-Tape » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Image

:o

Nice one Pete, perhaps others can take turns further down the line if it becomes a pain.
1 x

User avatar
Morpheus
Berk
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:18 pm
Location: Hurworth-On-Tees, UK
Contact:

Re: The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

Post by Morpheus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:46 pm

I have a suggestion for W - Worse Things Happen At Sea

Could get quite frantic keeping your ship afloat.


Image
0 x
R Tape loading error, 0:1

User avatar
Einar Saukas
Microbot
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Re: The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

Post by Einar Saukas » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Morpheus wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:46 pm
I have a suggestion for W - Worse Things Happen At Sea
Better than Where Time Stood Still?
0 x

User avatar
Juan F. Ramirez
Manic Miner
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 am
Location: Málaga, Spain

Re: The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Einar Saukas wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm
Morpheus wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:46 pm
I have a suggestion for W - Worse Things Happen At Sea
Better than Where Time Stood Still?
Or even better than West Bank? :mrgreen:
0 x

User avatar
Morpheus
Berk
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:18 pm
Location: Hurworth-On-Tees, UK
Contact:

Re: The A-Z of the best Speccy games (classic: 1982-1993)

Post by Morpheus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:46 am

Einar Saukas wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm
Morpheus wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:46 pm
I have a suggestion for W - Worse Things Happen At Sea
Better than Where Time Stood Still?
For me yes, i spent many hours playing WTHAS on my old 48K Speccy. I think there had been lots of isometric games by the time this game came out and i was bored with seeing them, to me at the time this was just another one and i ignored it even though it had good reviews.

We have a saying in the UK " Familiarity breeds contempt " for me at the time, it applies here.
0 x
R Tape loading error, 0:1

Post Reply