The best Speccy game by [software house]

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best Speccy game by [software house]

Post by PeteProdge »

As it's the end of a year defined by a system calculated by an Italian doctor and German mathematician, and introduced to Europe in the 16th century by Pope Gregory XIII, I thought we'd look back at the past 365.2425 days to see how far we've come in the 'best Speccy game by [software house]' polls, which itself was spun off from the classic Speccy game A-Z polls.

Although there's no definitive number for the amount of commercially-released Speccy games, 16,000 seems to be in the right ballpark. Almost as equally difficult to define, is the amount of software labels. I started these polls up this year, and we've got through 31 different brands. We are certainly not finished, not even halfway. I think there are hundreds of software brands over the Speccy's commerical era, maybe it's in the low four figures.

Anyway, I perused the final A-Z polls to derive the list of software houses we've voted on throughout 2019, which also included 'sister' brands, and this is what we have so far, chosen by YOU, the forum members...

ACE: Xecutor

Activision: Enduro Racer

Bug Byte: Manic Miner

Bulldog: Feud

Electric Dreams: R-Type

Elite: Commando

Encore: Spitfire

Entertainment USA: Ninja

Gamestar: Barry McGuigan World Championship Boxing

Hewson: Nebulus

Hit-Pak: Batty

Imagine: Target Renegade

Interceptor Software: Tales Of The Arabian Nights

Llamasoft: Headbangers Heaven

Mastertronic Added Dimension: 180

Mastertronic Plus: Gregory Loses His Clock

Mastertronic: Finders Keepers

Mastervision: Sinbad And The Golden Ship

Melbourne House: The Hobbit

Micromega: Deathchase

Microsphere: Skool Daze

Mikro-Gen: Three Weeks In Paradise

Ocean: Head Over Heels

Players Premier: Lost Caves

Players Software: Crime Busters

Rack-It: Draughts Genius

Severn Software: Jogger

Softek: Joust

Software Projects: Jet Set Willy

Spectrum Games: Monster Muncher

The Edge: Fairlight

Ultimate: Atic Atac

I will resume the polls on Sunday 5th January 2020, starting with Beyond (which will very likely be won by a certain Mike Singleton RPG from 1984), Legend and A 'n' F Software.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!