The best modern Speccy game beginning with L: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best modern Speccy game beginning with L: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Right, as I always say, I know almost nothing about the homebrew scene, so this is where you have seven days to nominate titles of modern ZX Spectrum games (this time beginning with L), and then I run a week-long poll here starting from next week.

Away you go!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: The best modern Speccy game beginning with L: discussion

Post by R-Tape »

Plenty to choose from here, Ls a goodun. Here are my top choices.

Lost in my Spectrum. Challenging and varied platformer from a hardworking allrounder.

LumASCII. Proof that an game using the Spectrum's own font doesn't have to be crap! Scrolling shooter, a novel idea, well executed. Cassette only.

Lost Tapes of Albion, The. Cheeky of me, but I'm rather proud of this game.

Lovecraft Mythos. I don't really get the whole 'chthulu' thing, but this game was a very popular survive 'em up.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Lala Prologue
bobs
Microbot

Post by bobs »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:55 pm LumASCII. Proof that an game using the Spectrum's own font doesn't have to be crap! Scrolling shooter, a novel idea, well executed. Cassette only.
That’s not entirely correct - you can now download it freely (athough donations are very much appreciated) from my Itch.io site using the link below:

https://bobs-stuff.itch.io/lumascii

You can still get it on cassette though, from Cronosoft - https://cronosoft.fwscart.com/LUMASCII_ ... 28343.aspx

Some of my other ZX Spectrum, and ZX81, games are also available on cassette from there.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Daren wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:19 pm
Land of Mire Mare
Wow! How could I forget it!