The best Speccy game by Crystal Computing: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best Speccy game by Crystal Computing: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Okay, I've exhausted every software label (and associated 'sister' software labels) from the infamous classic ZX Spectrum game A-Z poll of polls.

In order to cover other software labels, I've decided to pick the first issue of Crash, and go through them in order of mentioned software labels. Crystal Computing had an advert on page 2, so here we are!

Bug Blaster
Cosmic Guerilla
Cyber Zone
Dungeon Master, The
Halls Of The Things
Invasion Of The Body Snatchas!
Island, The
It's The Wooluf!
Rommel's Revenge

Now, The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain crops up, understandably as it's developed by Crystal Computing coders Neil Mottershead and Simon Brattel, and it's very much a reskin of Hall Of The Things (and thus has hardly any relation to the book). The thing is, it's not really a Crystal Computing title (although they have a copyright credit), as Puffin Books is the publisher in this case, so I'm not including it here.

Also, utilities like Zeus aren't here, 'cos, well, obviously they're not games!

Giz yer feedback...
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Re: The best Speccy game by Crystal Computing: discussion

Post by DouglasReynholm »

Well if nothing else it finally clears up (for me at least) why Halls of the Things looks so much like that Warlock of Firetop Mountain book and game I had around 35 years ago..