The best Speccy game by CDS Microsystems: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

The best Speccy game by CDS Microsystems

Poll ended at Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:29 am

3D Painter
9%
Backgammon
No votes
Bozy Boa
No votes
Brian Clough's Football Fortunes
5%
Castle Blackstar
No votes
Catterpillar
5%
Colossus Chess 4
14%
Dominoes
No votes
European Superleague
No votes
Gobble A Ghost
9%
Leapfrog
5%
Magic Meanies
No votes
Othello
No votes
Pool
27%
Reversi
No votes
Sporting Triangles
No votes
Steve Davis Snooker
23%
Tank Attack
No votes
Time Bomb
5%
Video Card Arcade
No votes
Winged Warlords
No votes
Wordsearch
No votes

Total votes: 22

Nick
Manic Miner

Re: The best Speccy game by CDS Microsystems: vote

Post by Nick »

PeteProdge wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:14 pm Ooooh, boy. Out of all the weeks where the mythical Steve Davis Snooker 128K could be brought up again, it happens when the fantasist behind it, is the major target of (very justifiable) anger.

Steve Davis Snooker 128K does not exist. It has never existed. It was the invention of 'Mr Kizza' aka Kieren Hawken, probably better known as the 'Laird' of Laird's Lair. Years ago, he wrote on the AtariAge forum that he wrote this game for the ZX Spectrum, along with some budget titles. Some huge huge stuff has kicked off this week about him. I know this forum likes to avoid drama, so all I can say, is take a look elsewhere for what Kieren has been up to!

Ah, I did joke on Twitter this week that we'd never genuinely see Steve Davis Snooker 128K on the Speccy!
Does that mean that I won't be able to vote on a best game by Kieren Hawken poll then? I was looking forward to that one!

(runs and hides)
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Re: The best Speccy game by CDS Microsystems: vote

Post by PeteProdge »

Wow, this seems to be a battleground for those who like pool or snooker!

On the main (phpBB) forum poll, the winner is Pool, with 6 votes.

Closely followed behind, it's Steve Davis Snooker (no, not the mythical 128K version), with 5 votes.

In third place, Colossus Chess 4, with 3 votes.

Joint fourth place: 3D Painter and Gobble A Ghost, 2 votes each.

Joint fifth place: Brian Clough's Football Fortunes; Catterpillar; Leapfrog and Time Bomb.

Over on the proportional top-three votes from the comment, we have a different indoor sport at the top position - that's Steve Davis Snooker! Pool is in second place...

Steve Davis Snooker 8
Pool 5
Winged Warlords 5
Brian Clough's Football Fortunes 3
Gobble A Ghost 3
Catterpillar 2
Colossus Chess 4 2
Leapfrog 2
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!