List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
abelenki
Berk

List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

Post by abelenki » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:05 pm

List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST:

https://zx-pk.ru/threads/31372-spisok-i ... ost1046492

highly expanded + English version.
7 x
MAME Stuff | ZX Spectrum favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

Alessandro
Manic Miner

Re: List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

Post by Alessandro » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:02 am

Pity that the vast majority of them do not have added in-game music, but just to those intros with cheats - intros are boring, and cheats are for sissies :P

On the other hand, in-game music, from the ST, Amstrad or MSX versions, really adds atmosphere. I wish programmers did it from the start back in the day.
0 x

Ast A. Moore
Dynamite Dan

Re: List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

Post by Ast A. Moore » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:14 am

Hmm. I’ve always been of two minds about AY music. On the one hand, it’s certainly better than nothing, and it can be played with a (relatively) little performance hit during gameplay. On the other, beeper tunes just sound more . . . atmospheric and rich, if done properly. Even the simple one- or two-channel ones. The “bubbly” sounds of the AY can get really annoying.

But the effort is certainly commendable!
0 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.

abelenki
Berk

Post by abelenki » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:20 pm

updated with Rasterscan.
0 x
MAME Stuff | ZX Spectrum favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

Alessandro
Manic Miner

Post by Alessandro » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:08 pm

I noticed that several of those games have been "fitted" with AY sound effects. This is also very welcome.

I think I found a bug in Rygar. The giant pill-bug-like monsters, when coming up to the surface, stay on the spot instead of bouncing around like they did in the original version and in the arcade coin-op.
0 x

Ralf
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ralf » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:49 pm

I think I found a bug in Rygar. The giant pill-bug-like monsters, when coming up to the surface, stay on the spot instead of bouncing around like they did in the original version and in the arcade coin-op.
I noticed it too while making my recent mod of Rygar. I believe it comes from the main .tap file for Rygar in WOS/ZXDB:
https://archive.org/download/World_of_S ... ar.tap.zip

This file has this bug too and I believe the bug was introduced while making this .tap, becaase it's absent in tzx version. And Russian hackers unfortunately used this .tap for their work.
I wanted to mention it at some time but believed it's rather low importance. But as it was already mentioned maybe it's time to replace this file?
@Einar Saukas Is it possible to mark a file in ZXDB as corrupted?
0 x

abelenki
Berk

Post by abelenki » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:59 pm

updated with TimeTrax.
0 x

abelenki
Berk

Post by abelenki » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:44 am

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles 1-2 release is updated with sound FX (1st part).
0 x

druellan
Manic Miner

Post by druellan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:25 pm

Ralf wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:49 pm
I noticed it too while making my recent mod of Rygar. I believe it comes from the main .tap file for Rygar in WOS/ZXDB:
https://archive.org/download/World_of_S ... ar.tap.zip

This file has this bug too and I believe the bug was introduced while making this .tap, becaase it's absent in tzx version. And Russian hackers unfortunately used this .tap for their work.
I wanted to mention it at some time but believed it's rather low importance. But as it was already mentioned maybe it's time to replace this file?
@Einar Saukas Is it possible to mark a file in ZXDB as corrupted?
Ping also to @r-tape
1 x
Un buen día me puse a probar juegos de ZX Spectrum a ciegas en Youtube, terminó siendo:
📺 Retroarqueología en Youtube

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:07 pm

Cheers @Ralf @druellan . I can't mark the file as corrupt, but even better is if someone can find a working file that can replace it.

Does anyone have such a file?
0 x