List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
abelenki
Dizzy

Re: List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

Post by abelenki »

updated with Gremlins.
MAME Stuff | ZX Spectrum favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration
abelenki
Dizzy

Re: List of games with converted music / sound FX from Amstrad CPC / MSX / Atari ST

Post by abelenki »

updated with Super Wonder Boy In Monster Land. there are many bug fixes, along with CPC music and FX. the game is fully completable now.
MAME Stuff | ZX Spectrum favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration
abelenki
Dizzy

Post by abelenki »

updated with Hundra.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Ralf wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:22 pm
Does anyone have such a file?
@R-Tape
I made a web search and couldn't find a good .tap version for Rygar.

There are several versions available but they are too much modified by hackers in my opinion.

Well, the original Rygar uses a custom loader so technically every .tap version would be a crack. But I believe
what we want here is a crack as little "invasive" as possible. Without altered highscores or displayed hacker name while loading.
Just with replaced custom loader and nothing else.

I couldn't find something like that.

If anybody would be willing to help and make a tap from the original tzx of Rygar, it would be highly welcomed.
Personally I'm not strong with tape loaders. I guess I would eventually do it but with lots of time lost.

Of course for now you can always use .tap of Erbe rerelease which works great without problems and doesn't have
visible differences from the original.
Hi Ralf,
Would this version be appropriate?
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 7643366821
XoRRoX
Manic Miner

Post by XoRRoX »

@abelenki Thanks that you keep updating this and also report it here :)
catmeows
Manic Miner

Post by catmeows »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:14 am Hmm. I’ve always been of two minds about AY music. On the one hand, it’s certainly better than nothing, and it can be played with a (relatively) little performance hit during gameplay. On the other, beeper tunes just sound more . . . atmospheric and rich, if done properly. Even the simple one- or two-channel ones. The “bubbly” sounds of the AY can get really annoying.

But the effort is certainly commendable!
AY music sounds rich too, if done properly - listen to intro
Vibrations
https://youtu.be/A06LWS1b25E

I prefer beeper music too but IMHO the problem is elsewhere, check this AY cover of Tim Follin's Raw Recruit:
https://zxart.ee/eng/authors/t/tomas-ha ... awrecruit/

Or this cover of movie music:
https://zxart.ee/eng/authors/f/factor6/ ... imsecajem/

So if contemporary AY sounds overarped and most of old AY tunes too simply, it is not because AY music cannot be done right.
IMHO
Proud owner of Didaktik M
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

I know, but none of these tunes really grabs me, unfortunately. Tim Follin, by the way, did an original AY tune for LED Storm. It’s very good (but then, that’s Tim Follin). Still, you can’t beat the music from Chronos.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
XoRRoX
Manic Miner

Post by XoRRoX »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:05 pm Still, you can’t beat the music from Chronos.
Funny you're specifically mentioning Chronos, as that has both a beeper-only but also a combined beeper+AY version. The AY, in this case, is only used for drums though. 8-)
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

XoRRoX wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:37 pm Funny you're specifically mentioning Chronos, as that has both a beeper-only but also a combined beeper+AY version. The AY, in this case, is only used for drums though. 8-)
He also used this trick in Agent X II. And it’s not for all the drums, just for a single snare-like sound.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.