The best Speccy game by ASP Software: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best Speccy game by ASP Software: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

The final part of the Argus Press empire that I have to cover!

This is a weird one.

My list is this...

Cells And Serpents
Conquering Everest
Demon Knight
Detective
Fall Of Rome, The
Pentacube
Stock Market
Strategy 1 - Invasion
Valley, The
White Barrows, The

Now, at the end, there should be the game ZX Reactor, a 16K game. However, there's no screenshot in the listing, which usually means it's a MIA game.

The thing is, it's not explicitly listed as a missing game. Even the Other Place doesn't label it as such.

Hmm... does it exist?

And also, have I got the rest of the list right?
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Re: The best Speccy game by ASP Software: discussion

Post by StooB »

PeteProdge wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:12 pm
The thing is, it's not explicitly listed as a missing game. Even the Other Place doesn't label it as such.

Hmm... does it exist?
Yes it's a MIA, as is Spectrum Zap. They're both from this MIA compilation that isn't marked as MIA here, but is at WoS.
Nick
Manic Miner

Post by Nick »

The Valley is a great little game, Demon Knight is a good, if quite basic text adventure, I used to enjoy Stock Market when I was younger and I vaguely remember playing Detective and The Fall Of Rome.

I think all of the above that I played were on a 30 games compilation that Argus Press released.
Turrican
Microbot

Post by Turrican »

StooB wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:00 pm
PeteProdge wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:12 pm

Hmm... does it exist?
Yes it's a MIA, as is Spectrum Zap. They're both from this MIA compilation that isn't marked as MIA here, but is at WoS.

Odd...in the Zx App it is listed as MIA.