128k Only Games

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PootisSpencer
Drutt

Re: 128k Only Games

Post by PootisSpencer »

Thanks for all the replies. I know that getting the 128k or +2 is better but I have found locally a Spectrum + for £65 which I think is an OK deal. I'm not too fussed about playing the newer 128k games. All the games I had back in the 80s are 48k anyway such as Jetpac, Tranz Am, Fruit Machine Simulator and all the Dizzy Games. I also have an old crt TV which I'm thinking about using. Only thing I'm looking at now is the Maxduino. Anyone had experience with one of these or know of something better?
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Max/Tzx -Duinos are cool, but you could probably just try your smartphone first. There's an app called TeeZiX (and one other I think) which allows loading .tzx files straight from the phone. You can also load them from your PC/laptop, even .tap files via Winamp.

The most popular modern option is using one of DIV devices though - these allow insta-loading of .tap/sna/z80 files from SD card (often come with Kempston port too).
PootisSpencer
Drutt

Post by PootisSpencer »

Yea my phone doesn't have a headphone jack so can't use that. I would prefer to be able to load at real-time rather than fast loading. Nostalgia and all that... ;)

EDIT: Didn't realise you could get a USB C to 3.5mm jack. So looking for the app now as it's not on the play store.
PootisSpencer
Drutt

Post by PootisSpencer »

Anyone help with TeeZiX? I have the app and load it up and it shows Google drive or to install a file manager. I click the Google drive icon and it takes me to it but when I click the .tap file it asks what to open it with and TeeZiX isn't an option. So I can't load them in TeeZiX.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Can I suggest you try PlayZX on Android. It has all the titles included. Just choose what you want to play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en_GB

These applications are excellent but you do need the right cables and enough volume from your phone. The 3.5mm cable into the spectrum needs to be mono. Read this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1307&hilit=PlayZX