ZX HSC Round 2 - Cannonball / PSSST / Flappy Bird ZX

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Re: ZX HSC Round 2 - Cannonball / PSSST / Flappy Bird ZX

Post by akeley »

Flappy Bird ZX - 28
Cannonball - 835
PSSST - 113,320

ImageImageImage

I did not take a scr$ when I first played Flappy, so had to try the accursed bird sim again. It really makes me dizzy, it's metronomic all right, but in a bad way. With better physics and absence of the scroll jerk it could be quite playable though. PS: now I just see I managed to beat Morkin by one point, well mate, you still have few hours to go and top my score, being safe in the knowledge I will never play it again :)

I did not dare play Cannonball again too :lol: PSSST got quite amusing after 50K, when things get interesting, still, I just kind of set myself the 100K target and then got a bit bored. It's an awesome game though, if it had a bit more enemy/item variety it'd be even better.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

akeley wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:47 pm With better physics and absence of the scroll jerk it could be quite playable though.
You see scroll jerk? For me the inertia is heavy, but not 'wrong', and the scroll as perfect as is possible on a speccy.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Yes, definitely some when I tried it on an emulator on even bigger on FPGA+ CRT. It's like a big lurch every cycle or so.

I know it's a big achievement for ZX, but my brain refuses to process it...
smurphboy
Manic Miner

Post by smurphboy »

Round 2 - recomputed