ZX HSC Round 8 - Kosmic Kanga / Pinball

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
clebin
Manic Miner

Re: ZX HSC Round 8 - Kosmic Kanga / Pinball

Post by clebin »

Kosmic Kanga - 11,739 (new)

That one's for the Kanga-haterz! As I said before, the controls are incredibly precise, once you master them. If you think it's random or chance, you're not doing it right. :P

Really chuffed I managed to complete it for the first time ever. I'd done well on the 3rd vertical level before, so I knew I was in with a shout as I can usually get through the horizontal ones without much bother. As it happens, I had an amazing run and finished with all my lives remaining. The 'Welcome Home Kanga' in my avatar is from the Demo Mode, but it was great to see it for real. I must've watched that demo dozens of times as a kid as the different themes to the levels looked so cool.

After the moonbase, the game just loops back to the beginning. I ended up getting to the 3rd vertical level again and just a few platforms clear of the top with a life spare, so I had high hopes of getting to the end a second time, but it was not to be...

clebin
Manic Miner

Post by clebin »

I may have overdone the smug on that last post, sorry. But I am buzzing after completing Kosmic F***-Yeah! Kanga.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

Holy Smokes [mention]clebin[/mention] !! That is a great score and an awesome achievement to complete the game with all your lives left. It's inspired me to try complete the game too. I agree with you that it is mostly skill in this game. If you get very used to the jump mechanic, then it's do-able. But it's still easy to make silly mistakes.

Well Done!!!
smurphboy
Manic Miner

Post by smurphboy »

Final scores for this round... clebin is pulling away in first still. but 2nd to 5th is still very close.

Editted to include R-Tape. Apologies for missing it and props to akeley for the spot!