Hungry Horace on Steam?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Re: Hungry Horace on Steam?

Post by ZXDunny »

akeley wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 am
ZXDunny wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 am For which he got mercilessly pummelled and deservedly so. I'd be very surprised if he makes any significant amounts of cash from his Horace grab after all that went on.
99.9% of Steam people won't know about this connection.

I doubt he will make any big bucks anyway on a mediocre game with nostalgia factor close to nil for most of general Steam customers. But he has a lot of these IPs and many little trickles probably do amount to something. It's just a pity it's all so dire and soulless.
What I love about it is the "remastering" that's gone on. CRT-like shader to bring some PAL/RF goodness to the graphics? Nope. Realistic beeper sounds? Again, no. Accurate emulation? Hell no.

Have they added a small alpha-blended box that floats up the screen when Horace eats a dot?

Why yes. Yes they have. Gosh darn it, that's worth the money right there.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

akeley wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 am 99.9% of Steam people won't know about this connection.
Maybe not, but 99.9% of Steam people will know a sh*t game when they see one!
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

ZXDunny wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 am Andrews went straight in with two copyright strikes against the youtuber, which is generally considered the nuclear option as it's "do as I say or your whole channel and any income from it is toast, permanently". He didn't reach out beforehand either to settle it peacefully, just went for it guns blazing.
So how does one do the same when he's trying to sell a game called "Galaxians - Remastered Edition" on Google Play, with no acknowledgment of NAMCO's ownership of the IP? Since Google (being thieving sh*ts themselves) will only accept copyright violation notices from the rights holder themselves..?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .Galaxians
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

Joefish wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:20 am
ZXDunny wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:23 am Andrews went straight in with two copyright strikes against the youtuber, which is generally considered the nuclear option as it's "do as I say or your whole channel and any income from it is toast, permanently". He didn't reach out beforehand either to settle it peacefully, just went for it guns blazing.
So how does one do the same when he's trying to sell a game called "Galaxians - Remastered Edition" on Google Play, with no acknowledgment of NAMCO's ownership of the IP? Since Google (being thieving sh*ts themselves) will only accept copyright violation notices from the rights holder themselves..?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .Galaxians
As you point out - one needs to first acquire the rights :)

Or inform Namco. That might also work.
p13z
Manic Miner

Post by p13z »

ZXDunny wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:34 am Or inform Namco. That might also work.
Might just work, especially as Namco are still selling Galaxian on Steam :?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1250 ... VES_Vol_1/