Can't get Invaders to load through Play ZX

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Nateo87
Drutt

Can't get Invaders to load through Play ZX

Post by Nateo87 »

Hey all - I recently built myself a Harlequin 128k and have been having an absolute blast exploring the hundreds of software titles the likes of which this American has never seen.
But one game I can't get to load, and is very frustrating because I've heard its a terrific Space Invaders clone, is Arctic's Invaders. For some reason, I can't ger Play ZX to feed the file through. The border just keeps flashing blue and red, and this happens with every iteration I can acquire.
Perhaps there are just some incompatibilities here? For what it's worth, my Harlequin is using a 128k toastrack ROM.
Thanks all for helping this newbie!
Turrican
Microbot

Re: Can't get Invaders to load through Play ZX

Post by Turrican »

Did you try download the version here on SC?
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/2 ... m/Invaders
Some games don't not work for me either (in the PlayZX), so I need to download another file.
You can use also my ZX App (if you have Android phone) or copy it from computer to phone.
Use the "Local" tab to select a local file and play it.

Regards
Nateo87
Drutt

Re: Can't get Invaders to load through Play ZX

Post by Nateo87 »

Just gave it a pass through F7ZX, and that worked! Must be a bug in the Play ZX app. Thanks so much!