Hidden gems

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Blerkotron
Dizzy

Re: Hidden gems

Post by Blerkotron »

One of my all-time favourite Speccy shoot-em-ups is Ano Gaia, which only ever appeared on a late-in-the-day Your Sinclair cover tape. Brilliant little game, very playable and super-colourful!

blucey
Manic Miner

Post by blucey »

Megabucks. It never really got the attention or reviews it deserved but, for me anyway, it was the best game in that genre. I’d take it over Spellbound et al all day.

Colony. Seriously underrated resource management gem.

Good shout thee for Reversi. I loved that game.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:15 am Another recommendation is Rocman by Magic Team (https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=4221.

The usual adventure game with objects to use and a map to explore.

I've just been playing this for the first time ever, on your recommendation, and I'm stunned. This is really good. I've never seen a scrolling arcade adventure on the Spectrum before, so it's a real breath of fresh air.

A few grumbles - the main sprite is sloppily drawn, looks like a dinner lady rather than some tough warrior and the walking sound is annoying.

Yet this is certainly an astounding obscurity. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I'm not sure if it's obscure or well known but let me remind you of Tujad:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.php?cat=999

It's a colourful, nice game and you know what's good about it? It's really easy. I completed it back in the 80s on real Spectrum without any cheats and
I'm sure that you can do it too :)