Federation

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Federation

Post by Einar Saukas »

Federation is an improved illustrated version of Quann Tulla, with nice graphics according to Mobygames. I would like to add it to the archive, but I could only locate the non-graphical version.

Could someone please help us find the full graphical version?
Mike Davies
Microbot

Re: Federation

Post by Mike Davies »

I have the double-jewel release of Federation by CRL on cassette, if that helps.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Einar, we have it both on WOS and Spectrum Computing:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/pub/sin ... C).dsk.zip
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/pub/sin ... C).tzx.zip

But it seems to be a problem with tape version or at least I had it in Spectaculator. It didn't start after loading.
Are you looking for an another version?
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

Ralf wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:25 am But it seems to be a problem with tape version or at least I had it in Spectaculator. It didn't start after loading.
Are you looking for an another version?
Federation.tzx loads fine in Fuse /if/ you select 48k - with a 128k machine a loading error is /reported/.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Ralf wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:25 am Einar, we have it both on WOS and Spectrum Computing:
Good point! I never noticed Quann Tulla page also contained Federation! It means I made a mistake creating a new entry for Federation. I will remove it, and add proper Federation screenshots in the next ZXDB update. Thanks!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

On second thought, Federation is a different game. Although the story is basically the same, it's a full reimplementation with different code and new graphics, by a different team for a different publisher. Thus it should have been a separate entry.

I will make the appropriate adjusts for the next ZXDB update.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

It'd be great if we can also get both complete scanned inlays and instructions, the only available stuff in SC is an incomplete inlay of this game (in the Quann Tulla entry).