The best classic Speccy game beginning with J: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Re: The best classic Speccy game beginning with J: discussion

Post by Joefish »

Don't forget the multi-mode gameplay of Jason's Gem (even if the platform bits are a tad crap).
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Joefish wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:11 pm Don't forget the multi-mode gameplay of Jason's Gem (even if the platform bits are a tad crap).
Yeah, it’s kind of death-spirally, though.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Post by hitm4n »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:34 am I would include journey's End, one of those cool games in spite of its appearance:

ImageImage

But I think this time, as someone said above, it'll be a mortal combat between Jet Set Willy and Jet Pac.
One of my favourites although i can't count it as a classic. My vote is always on a game i feel is great, but also one of the earlier greats. Jack the Nipper came much later, so it has to be JSW, Jetpac or Jumping Jack.
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
Metalbrain
Microbot

Post by Metalbrain »

Jahangir Khan's World Championship Squash is quite good. I remember when I played it for the Speccy Tour.